Magfest!

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
bigjt_2

Re: Magfest!

Post by bigjt_2 »

It's been over a month now and still thinking fondly of it. This was my third MAGFest, and so much fun every time!
Cronson
64-bit

Post by Cronson »

I'm bringing this back! Any Racketboy members going to Magfest this year?! Looking back, it's gotten so much bigger than when I first started this thread. It's still the high light of my year.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Ill be going this year to meet up with some of my friends from the Backloggery. I was hoping there might be some Racketboy people attending too, but not heard anything so far.

It's probably a one-off for me, flights to Washington D.C. aren't cheap.
Cronson
64-bit

Post by Cronson »

alienjesus wrote:Ill be going this year to meet up with some of my friends from the Backloggery. I was hoping there might be some Racketboy people attending too, but not heard anything so far.

Are you still going? After all these years, Magfest is probably the highlight of my year.

Me and my friends got a suite this year. We usually keep the door open/make drinks for people. Let me know if you'd like to swing by.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Cronson wrote:
alienjesus wrote:Ill be going this year to meet up with some of my friends from the Backloggery. I was hoping there might be some Racketboy people attending too, but not heard anything so far.

Are you still going? After all these years, Magfest is probably the highlight of my year.

Me and my friends got a suite this year. We usually keep the door open/make drinks for people. Let me know if you'd like to swing by.

I am still going. I'm sharing a room at the Hilton (?) I think, as the main hotel was fully booked.

I'm sure I'd be up for a drink at some point!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I'm off to this tomorrow. Is it still just the two of us from this site going? That's a shame, it'd be nice to meet up with some racketeers whilst I'm in that neck of the woods!
Cronson
64-bit

Post by Cronson »

Putting up my yearly, "Is anyone from Racketboy coming to Magfest" post. Once again me and my friends got a suite. This year we upgraded to a Platinum Suite that's about 1500 sq ft with an atrium view. We'll have a projector shooting on one wall with a gaming PC for couch coop/arcade style games, a RetroPie set up on another TV, music, people and of course, lots of drinks.

Although I don't post on Racketboy much anymore, it's still one of my favorite sites. I've always loved the discussions I've gotten into on here and feel the community here is the some of the best online, so if anyone is coming to Magfest please feel free to reply to this or direct message me. Our door is open to any guests. Drinks and games are on us. We'll have plenty of both.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I've never been to Magfest, but since I moved to Richmond last year I'm now much closer to Washington.

Are they having a Soul Calibur tournament? I've never entered a tournament, and I'm eager to find out if I'm really as good at Soul Calibur as I think I am (or maybe all my friends just stink at it :P ).
Cronson
64-bit

Post by Cronson »

samsonlonghair wrote:I've never been to Magfest, but since I moved to Richmond last year I'm now much closer to Washington.

Are they having a Soul Calibur tournament? I've never entered a tournament, and I'm eager to find out if I'm really as good at Soul Calibur as I think I am (or maybe all my friends just stink at it :P ).

RVA here too!!! So I do not know if there is a Soul Caliber tournament or not. It sucks because attendee run tournaments closed their applications just last week! 1. I totally think you should come to Magfest. 2. You could camp Soul Caliber and just body anyone who steps up all weekend?? Eh?
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Cronson wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:I've never been to Magfest, but since I moved to Richmond last year I'm now much closer to Washington.

RVA here too!!! So I do not know if there is a Soul Caliber tournament or not. It sucks because attendee run tournaments closed their applications just last week! 1. I totally think you should come to Magfest. 2. You could camp Soul Caliber and just body anyone who steps up all weekend?? Eh?

That's pretty groovy. I didn't know there were any other Racketeers in the RVA. We should retro game sometime in the real world.

I'll mark magfest on my calendar and see if I can work out the logistics when we get a little closer to the time. $80 isn't cheap for me right now.

<Checks site>

Oh, I get it now, you're trying to register as a "group leader" to save yourself ten bucks. Very clever. :mrgreen: