What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by noiseredux »

Uzumaki is my favorite japanese horror film.
Ghudda
128-bit

Post by Ghudda »

noiseredux wrote:Uzumaki is my favorite japanese horror film.

My man.
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Kwaidan and Ugetsu are the very best ones, however.
Ack

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:Uzumaki is my favorite japanese horror film.

Go watch Gozu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=penZT2N2xDw
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

REPO Man wrote:Return of the Living Dead.

DO YOU WANNA PARTY?!

IT'S PARTYTIME!

Send. more. paramedics.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

samsonlonghair wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:So are people genuinely expecting the new Star Wars to be good? I'd call delusional inclination. As much as I love Bladerunner, no way in hell the sequel is going to come close. Such productions are firmly rooted in their respective eras. You can't write a No. 5 in C minor in this day and age, you can't spread a new Abrahamic faith in today's world, you can't film a Star Wars that captures the essence of the new-aginess of episode IV-VI.

Nah, the new Star Wars film will most likely be mediocre, like most everything contrived in Hollywood.

I didn't even hear about the blade runner sequel. First Indiana Jones, then Star Wars, now Blade Runner? What happened? Did Harrison Ford loose his retirement fund on an ill-advised trip to Las Vegas? Is Harrison Ford doomed to keep making half-assed sequels to his most popular films just to stay afloat?

Wasn't it in this post that someone posted the original transcripts of Spielberg and lucas' discussions about Indiana Jones, and it was established that most the bad ideas were Spielberg's?
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Jrecee wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:So are people genuinely expecting the new Star Wars to be good? I'd call delusional inclination. As much as I love Bladerunner, no way in hell the sequel is going to come close. Such productions are firmly rooted in their respective eras. You can't write a No. 5 in C minor in this day and age, you can't spread a new Abrahamic faith in today's world, you can't film a Star Wars that captures the essence of the new-aginess of episode IV-VI.

Nah, the new Star Wars film will most likely be mediocre, like most everything contrived in Hollywood.

I didn't even hear about the blade runner sequel. First Indiana Jones, then Star Wars, now Blade Runner? What happened? Did Harrison Ford loose his retirement fund on an ill-advised trip to Las Vegas? Is Harrison Ford doomed to keep making half-assed sequels to his most popular films just to stay afloat?

Wasn't it in this post that someone posted the original transcripts of Spielberg and lucas' discussions about Indiana Jones, and it was established that most the bad ideas were Spielberg's?

I don't know; I'm not re-reading nineteen hundred pages to find out. Even if it is Spielberg's ideas, Harrison Ford should be capable of turning down a role he doesn't believe in. He's been a big-name movie star for years. He should have enough money to pass on any project he doesn't like. You don't see Will Smith signing on for the sequel to Independence day, do you?

Maybe Ridley Scott made a replicant robot that really believes he is Harrison Ford and has artificial memories of enjoying making bad sequels.
NathanDunsmore

Post by NathanDunsmore »

The Monster Squad.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

El Rey Network has had Bruce Lee movies on all day, 4 of them going through tomorrow night. No Enter The Dragon, but we do get Game of Death Lite.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

Gozu is bonkers. I'm a big fan of Kiyoshi "Not That" Kurosawa, especially "Yes That" Sweet Home and Kairo.

I think the last movie I watched was The Martian (what with Popcorn Time's extended downtime) several weeks ago. Strangely, the film reaffirmed my dislike for comedies; every character besides the protagonist is basically drawn in chalk and Danny Glover especially distracted from the tone of the movie. After Prometheus, Black Hawk Down and Hannibal it should've been clear that Ridley Scott's problem is that he simply doesn't know how to read (or simply never made it past the title page of the script, or rather the check on top) but somehow I forgot that he's now made far more bad movies than good ones (I should stress here that I adore Black Rain) and forked over $11 anyway. While Damon manages to remain one of the most charming and bankable actors in Hollywood, his fellow astronauts are all military hard-knocks (Chastain's one defining atribute being "she likes Abba") and back at NASA the same power clichés you've seen in a billion other disaster movies play out again. I would've preferred to see an approach more like Gravity, without so many cuts back to ground control, but I think that's just my dislike for the characters speaking again. I assume that "Fuck Mars" and some of the better jokes (like "Project Elrond") came from the book, but stinkers like "You and me are military!" and "In English, please?" only reinforce how contrived the ancillary characters feel. And that plastic seal was preposterous. Overall, OK movie.