What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
MrPopo

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by MrPopo »

samsonlonghair wrote:
Luke wrote:They're like cocaine for your nose.

I see what you did there.

I once described someone as the Yo-Yo Ma of cellists.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

Post by marurun »

:D Jinx, Apple, AmishSamurai, thanks for checking in with us and letting us know what's up. It's pretty clear with all the crap going on in your respective lives that gaming is taking a back seat. I hope things settle enough that you'll have room in your lives for all the new stuff you're experiencing, but also maybe to reintroduce gaming at a later date. (Games don't HAVE to represent us hiding away, lonely, away from the stresses of the world, in denial, even if they often do.)

:( I struggle with my mod responsibilities all the time. I want to be fair and even-handed to folks, even though I know I sometimes am not. I know I have biases and prejudices, and they do influence my decisions, even though I try to make sure that they don't. I'm sure some of the other mods get frustrated at what they perceive as favoritism in my actions, especially when I don't share that view. It's hard to know where the line is with "being fair" and "being biased", because those things seem to mean different things to different people.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
jinx
Next-Gen

Post by jinx »

Luke wrote:And as I'm thrilled you have a partner and a shoulder to lean on, keep your emotions self sufficient and never rely on a person to keep you happy. People that keep you happy are the cherries on the split. You and only you can control if you are happy or not.

I do want to make it clear that the boyfriend is a result of me becoming a happier person who has better control over her emotions. He might make me happier, but he's not the reason I'm happy. The fact that I'm happy is the reason I have him. I came here with the intentions of improving myself and becoming self-sufficient and I've done just that. I still have a ways to go, but despite only being a few months in, the results are quite noticeable. A lot of people have a hard time believing I'm the same person. Queso and I have met once before, and if I recall correctly, I didn't say a single word the entire time we hung out.
My absolutely favorite thing right now is to speak to people who knew my previously. Their reactions are priceless.

:D Think I managed to snag a cheap bed. Grabbing a rental truck in a few and going to pick it up. Tired of sleeping on sofas and air mattresses.

:( Weekend is coming to an end. Although I enjoy work, there is a lot to get done around here and I just don't have the time. I still have to head back to the last place I was sleeping at to get my bike and a few misplaced items.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

samsonlonghair wrote:
Luke wrote:They're like cocaine for your nose.

I see what you did there.

Can't see me ;)

Played Madden 2010 today so that my Bears would actually win a game in good fashion.

Two Anniversaries for me to celebrate toady: My Sister's, and a friend of mine who I will visit tonight. I'll be making my hosts a drink of Prosecco mixed with fresh mint, watermelon that I froze and then beat to a pulp, and a smidgen of stoli.

Doesn't taste like a jolly rancher, nor does it taste like booze. If you had a sip you would most likely say "Can I trust Luke?".

Tastes like biting into a chilled watermelon, and then you can't feel your legs for a half hour.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

Wow, did that string of check-ins from recently disapparated members ever bring a smile to my face or WHAT.

Keep marching steadfastly toward your happiness!

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Key-Glyph wrote:Wow, did that string of check-ins from recently disapparated members ever bring a smile to my face or WHAT.

Keep marching steadfastly toward your happiness!

Indeed. It's like when summer was over and the school year started again; you got to see all those cool people again.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Luke wrote:I'll be making my hosts a drink of Prosecco mixed with fresh mint, watermelon that I froze and then beat to a pulp, and a smidgen of stoli.

Doesn't taste like a jolly rancher, nor does it taste like booze. If you had a sip you would most likely say "Can I trust Luke?".

Tastes like biting into a chilled watermelon, and then you can't feel your legs for a half hour.

That sounds fantastic.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Hey, everyone! I haven't been around here much, but I thought that since everyone else is stopping by to say hello, I should, too!

Smile: DigiPen has been going well, but it has been very rough. I love what I study, though, so it's more than worth it.

Also Smile: My girlfriend is moving up here hopefully as soon as late November!

Frown: Good lord, is DigiPen brutal. Like, I hardly have time to play games anymore. At least making my own games is even more rewarding.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Ticked -- Went to flea market. Saw this mainstay high priced (usually) booth where the guy really should just put his stuff in an antique mall who got a nice supply of old toys, planes, trucks, misc from some old guys collection. I asked about the planes, said that one was $20 that was metal with wood wheels the others were like 10 each smaller. I picked up the $20 one as it was very nice, then started looking at the trucks. This old lady comes up he knows, she goes on (I'm hearing it all next to them) how it would be a great gift for her husband and asked about them all in the tray, guy says your credit is good with me since she didn't have it that moment, and she said she would.

The piece of shit takes the plane out of my hand. I look at him and go excuse me? I was going to buy that I was looking at these. He had the balls to tell me, did you give me any money? You were just looking at it. Then walks off with her to her car like a smug piece of shit he is. A few others saw what he did and started mouthing off, lady in the booth over said he's a known asshole. I told her I know, looking at his prices and how he never takes a dollar off I knew that much. Walked off. Never giving him money again, ever. Dishonorable piece of crap. We agreed upon a price, I was holding it, and that's that.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

:D Just remembered Moonbeam City premiered a few weeks ago
:D It's on Youtube.

:/ I probably shouldn't watch it at work, the preview frame for episode 1 has a girl in a thong on it.

Guess I know what I'm doing when I get home!

Sleeping. But AFTER I WAKE UP!
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread