TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

Brawlers and Beatemups
marurun

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

Post by marurun »

Early impressions of Shredder's Revenge are looking good. NintendoLife is holding it up as better than SoR4 and the best Turtles brawler around. I'm guessing I'll have to pick this one up.

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/sw ... rs-revenge
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

Post by bmoc »

So excited for this one but I'll be waiting for the physical version to materialize. According to Limited Run's Amazon listing, it should release at the end of August. Gotta get that Pizza Hut coupon!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I read the reviews, and I immediately ordered a physical copy of the game. Between this and the Cowabunga Collection, this is shaping up to be a very good year for 10-year-old prfsnl_gmr’s favorite franchise!
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

day 1 buy for me, let's kick shell!
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I'm playing story mode. Just based on level 1, the AI is really aggressive and it's fairly challenging even on normal difficulty. However, there seems to be some sort of point based leveling system, so I guess maybe you get stronger over time i.e. Scott Pilgrim or River City Girls. I might grind a bit on level 1 as I'm getting my ass handed to me

So far feels more Scott Pilgrim/River City Girls than it does the older games on the NES/SNES. Whether that is good or bad is subjective
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

There's challenges in each stage and collectibles, so that's interesting. Seems like there may be some more unlockable characters too.

I'm a bit hardcore, so I'm playing through on hard mode and trying to finish each stage without dying and it's...rough so far. I'd place this difficulty wise closer to the arcade titles than the console ones, but again, this could change after I level up a bit. There are some moves I can't even use yet as I haven't reached a high enough level.

I will say the nods to the older games are EVERYWHERE. Even the music is taking me back and that intro video before you hit the title screen is...just...awesome
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Okay, this is basically the Scott Pilgrim game with Turtles characters. Some will love it

Me personally, I still rate Turtles in Time on the SNES as the heavyweight champ, and this just leaves me wanting to go fire that game up again.

That's my two cents. I probably won't post in this thread again. I'm interested to see everyone else's thoughts.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

I have only played the game for an hour, but so far I like it. I joined five other randoms online. Six players on screen can be a bit much at times. They were at the end of the story mode playing on easy, so I didn't get a good feel for the combat yet, but it seems similar to TMNT IV. I hope harder difficulties don't give so much super meter. It seemed like everyone was spamming their supers often.

I hope to play more over the weekend.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

I've done 3 runs of the game so far as Leo, Donnie and April and am enjoying it immensely. Each character felt unique and it's clear a good deal of thought went into making the combat feel more fluid than just hammering away at Foot soldiers until they fall over. Music and graphics are absolutely top notch as well, some of the best sprite work I've seen in a long time. I give it 4 out of 5 Wingnuts.