Marvel vs Capcom Inifinite

Brawlers and Beatemups
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: Marvel vs Capcom Inifinite

Post by strangenova »

Hype for this! Umvc3 is one of my most played games last gen.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

This game looks and sounds horrendous. Hearing nothing but bad things. Not to mention Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc works) looks incredible, Tekken 7 is amazing, and Injustice 2 looks way more ideal if you want your comic fighter fix. Plus Street Fighter V is just blahtastic in retrospect. I don't think this one is going to be any better.

Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Fighters are getting weird with their uncanny valley realism. Even Injustice 2 looks kind of creepy to me, like cosplayers of the characters and not the characters themselves if that makes any sense. Let cartoon characters be cartoon characters. (Tekken is fine, same art style as ever only a new generation.)

On the other hand I get that it's hard to do a unified art style in a crossover game. I do like that there's going to be a story mode so I'm somewhat interested in the game for that.

I hope more games go the way of Arc System Works new Dragon Ball game. It looks great. They could make an entire anime out of that game engine.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Xeogred wrote:This game looks and sounds horrendous.

One of my friends showed me a screenshot tonight without telling me what it was from. I legit thought it looked like a Dreamcast game. Not sure if that's more an insult to the game or a complement to the Dreamcast. Probably a bit of both.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Xeogred wrote:Image

.....*squints*

.....?......!

WTF Capcom?
marurun

Post by marurun »

You're surprised at Chu-Li? Capcom has always had a problem with infantilising its female characters.

I think the texture work and modeling is mostly ok. It's the plastic sheen and the faces that just fuck it all up. Why can't Capcom get character graphics right any more?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

Why is this game so universally despised? I loved MvC 1 through 3 (Spider-Man/Wolverine till I die... Web Swing! Tornado Claw!), but hear nothing but bad things about Infinite.

Was just playing MvC 1 on my buddy's MAME cabinet and was thinking that maybe I should snag this on Steam soon.

Why the hate though? Is it SFV all over again?
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image