Killer Instinct (Xbox One)

Brawlers and Beatemups
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Killer Instinct (Xbox One)

Post by bmoc »

Here is around 11 hours of preview footage of season 3 for those of you that just can't get enough KI. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... m97_bZyio_
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

There has been quite a bit of KI news recently. Some of the high points are:

Season 3 will be available for preorder this Friday. There will be an Ultra edition. Pricing and other editions to be announced on Friday as well.

The Season 2 Ultra Edition is deeply discounted for Gold subscribers. $13 and some change I believe. Remember that it is cross-buy with the PC version. If you are Gold subscriber for Xbox 360 reasons and you want KI for the PC, this will be a cheap way to get season 2.

Also someone got a hold of a PC developer build last week and leaked some info concerning new modes and upcoming characters. Considering yesterday's KI Twitch stream that featured the same character select screen, it looks really credible. http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/10/killer- ... on-3-cast/

And finally, wave 1 of the Killer Instinct figures was released yesterday. RIP my wallet. http://ultimatesourcekillerinstinct.com ... ne-figures
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

In case anyone is on the fence, the PC port is pretty great. My four year old Radeon 6950 handles it like a champ. The game load times are waaaaay better than the Xbox One version if you have a SSD.

I've tried playing it with a wired Xbox One controller, a PS3 controller via a Brook adapter, and a MC Cthulhu arcade stick via the Brook adapter. They all work just fine. If you have a direct input controller, you will have to use a wrapper to convert it to Xinput. (My MC Cthulhu stick wasn't recognized by KI without the Brook adapter) If you have a Xbox 360 arcade stick, that should work as well. Xbox One arcade stick compatibility is coming at a later date.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

nice! I'm planning to download it tonight/tomorrow. Haven't decided if I'm doing just the freebie, or the full season 3 ($20) or going all in ($50). But good to know that your aging card handled it. Should play fine w/ the R7 250 2GB I currently have in my arcade stand. (I still wish I had just bit the bullet and bought a 960).
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

You can always try the free version to see if you like it. It is the same download regardless. If you plan on buying, the $50 PC Supreme Edition is a great value since it gets you all the content of seasons 1, 2 and 3 (minus Shadow Jago and the extra colors from the action figures). If you were to get just season 3, you'd only have 4 fighters right now (8 by the end of season 3).
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

I added the season 3 cast to my game yesterday. I think Arbiter is my favourite character out of the 4 additions but he's also kind of flimsy. If I had the skill and the patience though my pick would be Tusk. Rash is pretty noob friendly and I haven't really got a handle on Kim Wu yet. She seems like she should be good for mashing but she's a bit like UMVC3 Wolverine in that it's easy to get drawn into that trap, whiff a move and get battered for it.

Still really digging this game and this is from someone who doesn't play online. I haven't had as much fun just fighting the CPU since Virtua Fighter 5.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Gargos looks crazy good. Apparently he is a zoner/grappler/summoner/air superiority character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKSfE7FO-jQ
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

All the season 3 characters have been released. Eyedol is quickly becoming my new favorite. He can do some insane damage during Instinct with shadow meter. Here is a clip me goofing around in training mode with Instinct.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip ... 69642bec88
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

I'm glad they're adding Ultimates. It's nice that the game is still getting updates. I wonder if all this is a lead up to a Season 4? I wish they'd give Mira and Eyedol a stage. I don't think Arbiter, a guest character, should have received his.

If anyone wants to fight, send me a friend request. Not enough of my friends on Xbox are fighting game fans. I'm still a novice but enjoy this game immensely.

My GT: Rlcky l3obby

(The i in Ricky and part of the b in Bobby are lower-case L's.)
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Melek-Ric wrote:I'm glad they're adding Ultimates. It's nice that the game is still getting updates. I wonder if all this is a lead up to a Season 4?

They seem to be going in the direction of community requested features instead of the seasonal approach. They occasionally do surveys and are adding to the game based on that community feedback. Shadow Lords mode was the last of the Season 3 bucket list. Everything else they have added since has been part of the community requested content.