Street of Rage Remake version 5.0

Brawlers and Beatemups
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Street of Rage Remake version 5.0

Post by Xeogred »

wip3outguy7 wrote:OK, because Renegade466isback hasn't made a list of all of the SORRv5 tunes he has collected, I made one of my own using his links:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wip3outguy7 ... A73ABA49E3

I will try to keep it up to date as he adds other music, but no promises.

Nice. Gecko's stuff is easy to find on his own channel (along with some unused/unfinished tracks), but yeah. I've heard they plan to release a CD eventually, hopefully that still works out for them.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Somehow I totally missed this game when it came out but came across it yesterday and started playing ... wow. The team behind Bomber Games did a great job with this.

Have a controller question though ... I was interested in buying the Mayflash Saturn to USB adapter, to use Saturn controllers for SORR (on a Mac). Can anyone confirm that this setup would work okay for SORR?

Or has anyone had any issues using this setup? Also, were you able to use two Saturn controllers for co-op play? The adapter has two ports, and hoping to be able to get co-op play setup on this!

Any insight would help!
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Note wrote:Somehow I totally missed this game when it came out but came across it yesterday and started playing ... wow. The team behind Bomber Games did a great job with this.

Have a controller question though ... I was interested in buying the Mayflash Saturn to USB adapter, to use Saturn controllers for SORR (on a Mac). Can anyone confirm that this setup would work okay for SORR?

Or has anyone had any issues using this setup? Also, were you able to use two Saturn controllers for co-op play? The adapter has two ports, and hoping to be able to get co-op play setup on this!

Any insight would help!

Hehe, I was playing around with SoRR the other day. I was using my new HORI Fighting Commander in PC mode to see how it would fair.

Anyway if I recall correctly, SoRR does not support two "controllers" at the same time. You'll need to plug in the adapter and see if SoRR detects it at all. If it does, you can plug the 2nd controller in and see if you can register it as a separate input device through a pad to keyboard utility. This way you might be able to use one side as an actual controller and map keys to the other controller.

If none of that works, try using the same pad to keyboard utility to map both sides as keyboard inputs. Set every direction and button as a key on the keyboard. Boot SoRR and use the options menu to map everything. This was the way I had to set things up with a combination of DS3 and 3rd party 360 controllers. It actually worked pretty well.

Well, I had a response typed up that explained how to configure a couple of controllers. Then I realized that mentioned that you are on a Mac.

So AFAIK, SoRR on a Mac is actually running in a Wine wrapper. What I said in my original post still rings true: the game will still probably only recognize one "controller". I have been using USB Overdrive for years to kill mouse smoothing and acceleration in OS X. One of the nifty features it offers is the ability to map key and other input functionality to devices. It might help you with your setup. You can find it here: http://www.usboverdrive.com/

Good luck!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Omega bump!

Still one of the best fanmade games ever in my book. May as well be Streets of Rage 4.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

wip3outguy7 wrote:
Note wrote:Somehow I totally missed this game when it came out but came across it yesterday and started playing ... wow. The team behind Bomber Games did a great job with this.

Any insight would help!

Hehe, I was playing around with SoRR the other day. I was using my new HORI Fighting Commander in PC mode to see how it would fair.

Anyway if I recall correctly, SoRR does not support two "controllers" at the same time. You'll need to plug in the adapter and see if SoRR detects it at all. If it does, you can plug the 2nd controller in and see if you can register it as a separate input device through a pad to keyboard utility. This way you might be able to use one side as an actual controller and map keys to the other controller.

If none of that works, try using the same pad to keyboard utility to map both sides as keyboard inputs. Set every direction and button as a key on the keyboard. Boot SoRR and use the options menu to map everything. This was the way I had to set things up with a combination of DS3 and 3rd party 360 controllers. It actually worked pretty well.

Well, I had a response typed up that explained how to configure a couple of controllers. Then I realized that mentioned that you are on a Mac.

So AFAIK, SoRR on a Mac is actually running in a Wine wrapper. What I said in my original post still rings true: the game will still probably only recognize one "controller". I have been using USB Overdrive for years to kill mouse smoothing and acceleration in OS X. One of the nifty features it offers is the ability to map key and other input functionality to devices. It might help you with your setup. You can find it here: http://www.usboverdrive.com/

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip with the USB Overdrive software! I grabbed that program and will give it a shot later when I have two controllers hooked up.

For now, I'm using a Gravis Gamepad Pro controller I've had lying around (pretty much a knock off PS1 controller) for the game -- which it recognized right away. The d-pad is pretty uncomfortable though, so I'd like to finally upgrade.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Xeogred wrote:Omega bump!

Still one of the best fanmade games ever in my book. May as well be Streets of Rage 4.

This game's great. All I thought about at work today was getting home to play some more. Haven't been impressed by a game that much in a long time, haha.