Neo Geo Pocket Colour Best Games

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Ack

Re: Neo Geo Pocket Colour Best Games

Post by Ack »

I followed your advice, Partridge, and now I'm the proud owner of an M. Zangief card. Heck yeah!

I'm still grinding, wandering around, and trying to find new secrets and such, like that I can break the dinosaur thing in the store. I'm also working to remove all the 600 power cards and move up to 700s being my weakest. Right now I have a deck of about 30 chars/20 abilities.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Ack wrote:I followed your advice, Partridge, and now I'm the proud owner of an M. Zangief card. Heck yeah!

I'm still grinding, wandering around, and trying to find new secrets and such, like that I can break the dinosaur thing in the store. I'm also working to remove all the 600 power cards and move up to 700s being my weakest. Right now I have a deck of about 30 chars/20 abilities.

Awesome! He's SO cool! I wanna say fighting that guy again gives you better chances at rarer cards, but I think that may just be me thinking. I wanna say cards you get have the same odds of being gotten from any particular person. Getting a minimum of 700BP is a good way to construct characters though. I will give an exception to Twelves, who along with Sakura I would attest is one of the best C-rank cards in the game. Oro is also quite good, if I'm remembering the right name to the right card.

I honestly usually let my really good ability cards do the work of Action cards for me. My decks were usually some 40+ Characters, or even 5 Action cards or less. Unless you've got some crazy card draw, you can really run into problems of just not being able to field enough fighters, although perhaps that's just my zerg-rush mentality of how I play the game. My strategies certainly aren't gospel, but it's what I know eventually tends to work :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Card Fighter can't be the only favorite game for this system for people now is it?

What about Neo Turf Masters? Match of the Millennium? SNK Gals Fighters? That last one is kind of getting a Switch sequel shortly.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Tanooki wrote:Card Fighter can't be the only favorite game for this system for people now is it?

What about Neo Turf Masters? Match of the Millennium? SNK Gals Fighters? That last one is kind of getting a Switch sequel shortly.

I just like TCG's way more than fighters. Fighters and realistic racing and sports sims are my two least favorite genres, so the NGPC is ALL about Card Fighters for me <3
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I wouldn't go so far as to call Neo Turf Masters realistic, just fun, like Mario Golf. There's also on the non-fighter end of things stuff like Dark Arms, Bust a Move, either Metal Slug, Biomotor Unitron, imported there's Cotton, Faselei, and Rockman that are pretty slick among some other titles. There are too many fighters as there are too many lame slot machine/pachinko aruze garbage fillers in Japan.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Tanooki wrote:I wouldn't go so far as to call Neo Turf Masters realistic, just fun, like Mario Golf. There's also on the non-fighter end of things stuff like Dark Arms, Bust a Move, either Metal Slug, Biomotor Unitron, imported there's Cotton, Faselei, and Rockman that are pretty slick among some other titles. There are too many fighters as there are too many lame slot machine/pachinko aruze garbage fillers in Japan.

Oh I wasn't trying to call SNK sports games realistic, I was just mentioning them because it happened to fit the topic at hand :lol:
I've beaten Dark Arms before, though. It's pretty fun! I've also tried a few of other action games you've mentioned. Card Fighters and its sequel are just head-and-shoulders above all of them for me.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

You know what would make a good dig, the UK english games we got denied. Lots have just not tried them due to a lack of a good kit for years, emulators fewer are aware of, and an ugly price tag. Stuff like Evolution and Faselei are good stuff.

It's a shame not that it's easy there were so many quitters on doing translation patches because you have stuff like Ogre Battle on there, Biomotor Unitron 2 and others.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

My favorites for this system were SNK v Capcom Match of the Millennium & Dark Arms.

Fun story:
I was once really into SNK v Capcom in a hotel room. I was sucked into it after a long day of traveling 5+ hours and an out of town job interview. I was rocking my headphones and Mrs. Jago taps my shoulder when I thought she was asleep... "You've got to turn that thing off. The damn clicky joystick is so loud they'd kick you off an airplane." :lol: :lol: :lol: we had just got married and she always has tolerated my gaming so it sticks out as one of our first "married moments." Good stuff.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Jagosaurus wrote:My favorites for this system were SNK v Capcom Match of the Millennium & Dark Arms.

Fun story:
I was once really into SNK v Capcom in a hotel room. I was sucked into it after a long day of traveling 5+ hours and an out of town job interview. I was rocking my headphones and Mrs. Jago taps my shoulder when I thought she was asleep... "You've got to turn that thing off. The damn clicky joystick is so loud they'd kick you off an airplane." :lol: :lol: :lol: we had just got married and she always has tolerated my gaming so it sticks out as one of our first "married moments." Good stuff.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really though, I LOVE the clicky joystick~
It just adds such character to the system. It wouldn't be a NGPC without it :)
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I know! I want to emulate the system, but it wouldn't be the same without that joystick. It is perfect for those pocket fighters. The characters always do exactly what I want to. I'd even venture to say, it's one of the easiest times I've had pulling off special moves.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5