TurboGrafx16 Holiday Edition Market Opinions

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
IMJ
24-bit

TurboGrafx16 Holiday Edition Market Opinions

Post by IMJ »

Hi Retro Collectors. I wanted to create this thread to pick everyone's brains on the market for this particular item....

This is a collage shot I put together of my complete, boxed TurboGrafx 16. I've seen plenty for sale here and there, but this is the only complete Holiday Edition I've ever seen. As far as I know, this was as a single season promo for the system, and this example is very complete (all functioning hardware, pack-in insert, manuals, printed apocrypha, etc).

Obviously the last shot of all the games were not part of this package when new, but I put the collage together to highlight a sort of unboxing of the system (it's one picture out of order as the black cover sheet should be appearing before the system in the foam) as well as my game collection.

I've never seen this come to market in the single season holiday box, and so I need some expert opinions. Can you guys chime in about this find? Value? Scarcity? Etc...

Thank you....
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: TurboGrafx16 Holiday Edition Market Opinions

Post by Jagosaurus »

Just checking in, saying this is awesome.

I've heard of this promo in passing but never bothered to look it up. Good stuff.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
IMJ
24-bit

Re: TurboGrafx16 Holiday Edition Market Opinions

Post by IMJ »

Jagosaurus wrote:Just checking in, saying this is awesome.

I've heard of this promo in passing but never bothered to look it up. Good stuff.

Thanks! I love this system and this particular example, but I need some informed market input because it's likely I am going to put this on the market soon... maybe Racketboy himself could chime in with the knowledge? :)