Have you played ATARI today!!!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Have you played ATARI today!!!

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

opa wrote:I finally found a copy of Mrs Pac-Man with a decent label. Such an improvement over the original Pac-man's translation to the console.

That’s Ms. Pac-Man, thank you very much. She’s a strong, independent woman who refuses to be defined by her marriage. :lol:

Also, yes. That game is so much better than the original in every way. I wish we’d see more of Ms. Pac Man today. Since it started out as, basically, a ROM hack, though, I suspect the rights to the character are a bit muddled.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I've been living a lie. Lol
Always thought it was Mrs.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Not atari gaming but atari related:

I had two games recently have their end labels fall off. I guess forty year old glue ain't what it used to be. I cleaned the residue off the carts and reapplied the labels with a glue stick (seemed to be the least caustic material I had on hand). About a month later the labels are still looking good.

There's probably a better adhesive to use for longevity but I didn't want to buy a $5 can of glue for 50 cent atari games. Haha
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

opa wrote:Not atari gaming but atari related:

I had two games recently have their end labels fall off. I guess forty year old glue ain't what it used to be. I cleaned the residue off the carts and reapplied the labels with a glue stick (seemed to be the least caustic material I had on hand). About a month later the labels are still looking good.

There's probably a better adhesive to use for longevity but I didn't want to buy a $5 can of glue for 50 cent atari games. Haha

Same here. I’ve had several peel off. A glue stick works just fine, and I suspect they’ll stay on another fifty years (i.e., until about the time my great-grandchildren inherit them from my estate).
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Have you played Atari today? I have! Playing some Miss Pac Man right now.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

LOL

Nope. I haven’t. I am about to explode with anticipation for the Atari50 collection, though. A game list leaked the other day, and I am so, so excited. I’ll finally get to play Trevor McFur!!!!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

And we have............ this?

Atari wrote:Atari Mania is a retro microgame collection wrapped in a hilarious narrative of exploration and surprise.

You play as the Caretaker of the Atari Vault, the storehouse of classic Atari games. One night, a dead pixel appears and soon enough, all heck breaks loose!!

Cult classic games begin to warp, mutate and combine into a series of increasingly crazy challenges. It’s up to you to fight back the pixels and other surprising villains, and restore order to the Vault!

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I’m kinda pumped for that too. It’s, basically, an Atari-themed WarioWare game starring the bear from Crystal Castles.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Thanks for clarifying that lol. I thought it was just some random bear.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

I love Crystal Castles, but I would not have looked at that picture and thought, "Yeah, that's Bentley Bear!"

I guess he is wearing a hat...
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii