Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
pilgrimteeth
8-bit

Re: Arcade1UP - Repro Arcade Cabs

by pilgrimteeth Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:05 pm

These things make my mouth water. I'll have the TMNT and Marvel vs Capcom one someday soon, I hope.

NOW THEY JUST NEED TO MAKE METAL SLUG!
Limewater
Next-Gen

Re: Arcade1UP - Repro Arcade Cabs

by Limewater Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:47 pm

I just replaced the buttons on my Centipede Arcade1Up.

I was really disappointed with how crappy the buttons are, and the wires are soldered and hot glued to the microswitches versus having spade connectors. Given the MSRP on these things and the physical size of the units, I would have expected a bit more accomodation for users making repairs. Microswitches go out all the time.

I also don't really like how you can move the trackball too fast and cause the in-game movement to stutter. I spent a good bit of time with Crystal Castles and could make it to level 8-2 or 8-3, but I don't think I could make it any further because if I try to move as fast as I need to, Bentley Bear just stutters. I don't think this happened on the arcade machine.

And, of course, the original spinner on the Asteroids cabinet was completely useless.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Return to Arcade