Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
Ziggy587

Best Cheap SuperGun (2018) ?

by Ziggy587 Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:22 pm

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on getting an arcade board (the one that got away). My long term project is to consolize just this one board. But since the board costs an arm and a leg, I'm thinking I wanna be able to test it ASAP after getting it. Just in case there's any problems during shipping, the seller misrepresented the item, et cetera. So...

So, what is the best CHEAP SuperGun that I can easily buy right now? I would prefer eBay.

I'm looking at this one on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supergun-ProGa ... SwOyJX6pvu

$70. Looks like it outputs RGB SCART (I have a Framemeister, so this isn't a problem). And looks like I can power it with an ATX PSU (of which I have plenty of spares lying around).

Anything better for that much money? Anything cheaper that's just as good? Anything I can get in the States rather then having to deal with international shipping?
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Ziggy587

Re: Best Cheap SuperGun (2018) ?

by Ziggy587 Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:13 am

I ended up purchasing the above linked SuperGun last night. I will update this thread after testing it.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Re: Best Cheap SuperGun (2018) ?

by JoeAwesome Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:41 am

There generally is no best cheap supergun. Superguns are either cheap with faults (<$90) or expensive, but customized to specs (>$300).

If you're going barebones, cheap as possible, but highest quality, it's a HAS from RGB on the SHMUPS forums. Many of his competitors, like the one you purchased, ripped off his design.
Return to Arcade