Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
Ziggy587

Re: Your Arcade Collection Stuff and Latest Pick Ups

by Ziggy587 Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:20 am

One idea I had was to but the main board on the bottom of the enclosure, but mounted upside down. Then, have a little sliding access door on the bottom of the enclosure exactly where the two EPROMs are located. You'd have to flip the enclosure over to get access to the door, but it's not like I'd be swapping the ROMs out every 5 minutes.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Thu May 03, 2018 11:51 am

Ziggy587 wrote: Though I still have the MKII marquee, I've been meaning to turn into a back lit wall mounted sign.

This is funny because my wife bought me a Street Fighter 2 cabinet for my wedding gift and the display broke (the night of the wedding actually) so I ended up selling it, but the person I sold it to let me keep the marquee because he was planning on converting it to a multicab. I ended up taking the marquee and turning it into a lightbox which I hang on the wall and use as a shelf.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Thu May 03, 2018 1:44 pm

ESauced wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote: Though I still have the MKII marquee, I've been meaning to turn into a back lit wall mounted sign.

This is funny because my wife bought me a Street Fighter 2 cabinet for my wedding gift and the display broke (the night of the wedding actually) so I ended up selling it, but the person I sold it to let me keep the marquee because he was planning on converting it to a multicab. I ended up taking the marquee and turning it into a lightbox which I hang on the wall and use as a shelf.

This is true, hardcore dedication to gaming!

What are you doing on your wedding night? Playing Street Fighter II ‘till the display breaks! 8)

Sorry Hon, can’t come to bed yet. I’m trying to beat Dhalsim! :lol:
Return to Arcade