Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Building Own Arcade Cabinet Structure & Staying Authenti

by fastbilly1 Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:34 am

racketboy wrote:Interesting! Seems somewhat similar to this I was just looking at. Would love to have a GameCube-based Tatsunoko VS. Capcom Cabinet :)

http://fort90.com/the-best-street-fight ... t-to-play/

The guy in that link is just using Eviltims SCART to JAMMA adapter with controller adapters:
http://etim.net.au/scart2arcV20/scart2arc2.htm
If you are going the TV route, you wont have to use that.
HellHammer
64-bit

by HellHammer Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:36 pm

I don't think building your own cabs is the way to go. As much as you hear stories of people giving away cabs, those days seem to be long gone.

Frankly, i find people more and more often are gutting perfectly good machines because each piece and part are so much more valuable individually, which is very sad.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:03 pm

The first sentence doesn't seem to match what you're saying after.... so yes or no to building your own?
marurun

by marurun Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Maybe he is suggesting getting the parts will be too expensive? Might be worth just looking for something while and modifying it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
HellHammer
64-bit

by HellHammer Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Sorry for the weird wording haha.
Overal, I would say no for building your own.

The parts are just so expensive individually you will spend way more that way, than you might if you wait for the full game to show up for sale locally (which can be months if not years depending on the game you want).

Another issues I found was shortage of a specific game's parts.
Like classic Namco or Nintendo arcades? No problem, parts are everywhere and people make reproduction parts all over the internet. Want a rare/unpopular/uncommon arcade game? Your pricing just skyrockets into a different stratosphere, that is, if you can even find the parts you need to begin with.
Return to Arcade