Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Building a List of Best Neo-Geo MVS Games on a Budget

by Tanooki Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Not easily or likely through ebay, but yes you can get them for $60 or a little less, loose carts (MVS) and not in like dead mint (but also not banged up either) shape. You go through ebay you'll get likely screwed closer to $100 than $50. But going through private forums, facebook, local, it's very possible.

I really don't care about nitpicking completionists and their wording of things, you should know that Joe. :) So fed up with how far home console and to a lesser extent handheld gaming has slid into a cash game per any item down to baggies and foam so I more or less walked from it and went this direction instead.

I said complete kit contents in a shockbox, not a complete kit, which is true as it's the dip sheet, mini marquee, and the 2 art cards along with the game.

I only have 2 true full kits, 8man and Neo Turf Masters.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

by JoeAwesome Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:44 pm

That's why I said:

JoeAwesome wrote:"Complete kit contents in a shockbox" =/= a complete kit, completionists.

So no one thinks you got a complete kit at a good price.

And don't give me that "if you look hard enough" line, regardless of forum or marketplace accesses. Some of your prices are lucky one-offs, not actual value.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Obviously some stuff I get lucky on, but others, it's just what floats around in various non-ebay places. I've had lucky ones on there too like both my true full kits.

Those kits I did get NTM was around $80 shipped and that was on fully display on ebay out of Italy around a year ago.

8Man was an odd one, paid slightly less, and the listing was just for the game, but the dude stunningly put butcher paper around the actual kit box which had all the contents. That was a laughing mind blowing moment when I got enough of the paper off to realize what it was seeing part of the black and white 8Man logo on display. I was kind of mad the dude though that was acceptable shipping, but was amused he didn't bother to list it let alone take any pictures either other than the game up on a TV.

Normally I just buy the game alone, if it happens to still be under valued enough to get a mini marquee or more out of it I'll make the attempt. Also would buy a stack of mini marquees to get ones I want too.
Return to Arcade