Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
marurun

Anyone here use MultiJAMMA with their cab?

by marurun Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:45 am

After playing an arcade game for the first time in years in an actual cab, I'm now trying to decide if I should prioritize getting a cab for the house. But that shit can be expensive. Does anyone have any experience using MultiJamma to cram multiple games into the same cabinet?

http://www.multigame.com/jamma.html
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone here use MultiJAMMA with their cab?

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:50 pm

marurun wrote:After playing an arcade game for the first time in years in an actual cab, I'm now trying to decide if I should prioritize getting a cab for the house. But that shit can be expensive. Does anyone have any experience using MultiJamma to cram multiple games into the same cabinet?

http://www.multigame.com/jamma.html

Can't you just swap out the JAMMA boards whenever you want? If you get a JAMMA extension, it doesn't seem like it would be that cumbersome.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:49 pm

After lookig up the FAQ on MultiJamma, it appears to be that they do NOT offer any support for a kick harness.
Q: How do I use the MultiJAMMA with fighting games (etc.) that have extra buttons?

A: The MultiJAMMA supports the three "standard" buttons for each player on the JAMMA connector. It also support the fourth semi-standard button on the JAMMA connector. To use the MultiJAMMA with fighting games you simply connect the extra buttons on the control panel directly to the extra buttons inputs on each game board. The buttons do not need to go through the MultiJAMMA at all.

In other words, you could only wire up the kick buttons to a single board, not to the MultiJamma.
marurun

by marurun Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Ugh! That sucks. Blargle...
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:28 am

Most cabs can't house 8 boards (plus that board) anyways. I can get 2 CPS2 boards in a cab at once...it's tight in there and a lot of boards are big.

Either swap each time, or if you really want to be able to play multiple games w/o switching things around - there are some reliable multi-boards. The Pandoras Box 4 has over 400 games and 90% play pretty well (pretty well meaning most wouldn't know it wasn't a legit pcb). 10% are so-so to terrible. Screen tearing, sound effects missing, etc.

You can also wire up a MAME rig to JAMMA, or there are now raspberry pi jamma rigs out too...or, you can make a 360 jamma rig and install coin ops. There are all kinds of options...
Return to Arcade