Arcade machines -- original or homebrew. Keep emulation topics in the emulation category
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: Do you guys still have Arcades around you?

by CD AGES Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:26 pm

bryan_65 wrote: decided to play a quick game of Tekken 5 and the cab had the most worn out sticks ever and a kick button did not even work.

Was Tekken 5 operating from an official Namco Tekken 5 cabinet? If so, the machine fully supports PS2 contollers and sticks. The controller ports can be found behind the control panel of the machine for easy access.

Man, I miss playing 5 DR with a ps2 controller at the arcade :(
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:23 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:pretty sure that Marvel vs Capcom in a big blue was not originally a flat screen

MvC was in a CRT more than likely, but I guess I wasn't paying attention to what they were pointing out, as usual :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 pm

the MvC def felt like a conversion. I'd assume real MvC cabs have balltops rather than bats?
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

by TheSegaSaturnGuy Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:35 pm

I have an arcade in my local mall. Other than the typical ticket games like basketball and rolling the quarters down the ramp there aren't that many actual arcade games. We have a Time Crisis II 2 player shooter which I play to death, and we have a house of the dead game. Arcades around me are turning into pointless places where you pour your money in and get back a pencil eraser in return. F that!
I am buying all Saturn games, PM me with your offerings and I will let you know if I need the game or not! (Everything must be CIB)

Currently trying to knock off all the sports games, would like to get them <$5 each! Of course if you would like to donate them I will gladly pay the shipping! :)
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:15 pm

noiseredux wrote:the MvC def felt like a conversion. I'd assume real MvC cabs have balltops rather than bats?

nah american big blues usually had bat tops
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:41 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:
noiseredux wrote:the MvC def felt like a conversion. I'd assume real MvC cabs have balltops rather than bats?

really? Weird. Americans are lame. Balltop is where it's at.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:04 pm

noiseredux wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:

really? Weird. Americans are lame. Balltop is where it's at.

heh I prefer bat top for fighters and neo geo games, I had Christoph put a bat top custom on my AI CMVS stick, feels much more authentic imo. Image[/quote]
Crabmaster2000
128-bit

by Crabmaster2000 Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:59 pm

There hasn't been an arcade other than the fairly lame one at the movie theater here since I've lived in Prince George (coming up on 10 years). I'm trying to revive it. I have a small game store with 8 machines in it right now. Hoping to move to a bigger location in the summer as I have 8 more machines that I can't fit in my current location. Also currently working out a deal for 19-22 more machines this weekend and have leads on several others.

Its something I really miss and the gaming community in this town has been really supportive and coming out regularly to toss quarters in. Very promising so far :)
Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000Crabmaster?feature=mhee

250 NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:56 pm

Crabmaster2000 wrote:There hasn't been an arcade other than the fairly lame one at the movie theater here since I've lived in Prince George (coming up on 10 years). I'm trying to revive it. I have a small game store with 8 machines in it right now. Hoping to move to a bigger location in the summer as I have 8 more machines that I can't fit in my current location. Also currently working out a deal for 19-22 more machines this weekend and have leads on several others.

Its something I really miss and the gaming community in this town has been really supportive and coming out regularly to toss quarters in. Very promising so far :)

That is one of the things that I think was a problem with arcades of yore, no community. People would come in, plunk down quarters and go their merry way. Arcades today are trying to build that community by having fighting game tournaments, or a huge classic game high-score board and trying to be more personal, a move that I feel is for the better.

good luck in your business man and I hope that things continue to prosper for you.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Crabmaster2000
128-bit

by Crabmaster2000 Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:43 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Crabmaster2000 wrote:There hasn't been an arcade other than the fairly lame one at the movie theater here since I've lived in Prince George (coming up on 10 years). I'm trying to revive it. I have a small game store with 8 machines in it right now. Hoping to move to a bigger location in the summer as I have 8 more machines that I can't fit in my current location. Also currently working out a deal for 19-22 more machines this weekend and have leads on several others.

That is one of the things that I think was a problem with arcades of yore, no community. People would come in, plunk down quarters and go their merry way. Arcades today are trying to build that community by having fighting game tournaments, or a huge classic game high-score board and trying to be more personal, a move that I feel is for the better.

good luck in your business man and I hope that things continue to prosper for you.

Thanks meat!!

The community here has been pretty amazing and it's definitely a different (and I dare say better) vibe than I remember as a kid.
Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000Crabmaster?feature=mhee

250 NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Return to Arcade