Super Combat Fighter Launches on Kickstarter!

If you're an indie dev or author of a game, book, film, or other production, this is where you can pitch it -- just don't be spammy!
vrex7

Super Combat Fighter Launches on Kickstarter!

Post by vrex7 »

Hey Everyone!

My name’s Vanessa, and I’m a community manager for Headless Chicken Games and Critical Depth Games – who are working on Super Combat Fighter, which has launched on Kickstarter! I grew up with arcade games, navigating my way through their mazes of cabinets and playing everything I could put a quarter into. Some of my favorites were fighting games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. I also played some Injustice: Gods Among Us competitively when it was first released. So naturally I’m super excited to be working on Super Combat Fighter, let me tell you a bit about the game.

No fighting game is complete without a one-on-one mode. Pure and simple; it’s you versus your opponent, and your goal is to take them out. You have a number of options at your disposal, of course. You can choose to play a long-ranged game by throwing careful punches and throwing projectiles (imagine a ninja throwing another ninja). You can play reactively, uppercutting your opponent out of the air and then making them sorry for ever thinking of jumping on you. Maybe you’ll want to get aggressive and stay in their face, or maybe you’ll get tricky and cross your opponent up with some fiendishly ambiguous crossover moves. The choices are there, and it’s up to you to weave them into a fighting style all your own.

Super Combat Fighter also offers a roster of different characters and various game modes that put a spin on the classic 1v1 formula. You’ll want to dip your feet into a normal fight for the multi-layered combat experience, for example. Afterward, dip your weary feet into the delightfully silly “Giant Mode,” in which you’ll fight over energy orbs that make your character grow to massive proportions, then slug it out with screen-filling limbs!

Here’s a trailer if you want to see Super Combat Fighter in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2V9d9uymJY

If you’re ready to kick some ass, you can head on over to Super Combat Fighter’s Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/su ... at-fighter

Any questions or comments? Feel free to post them below!