If you're an indie dev or author of a game, book, film, or other production, this is where you can pitch it -- just don't be spammy!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: So, I'm hosting an "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" Game Ja

by REPO Man Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:11 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:
REPO Man wrote:
marurun wrote:So… you want a bunch of people to make games for you? Is that it?

No.

Well, can you say what you do want, because you haven't described this thing at all.

All the info is in the link.

Also, where does it say I have to make a game just because I'm hosting a game jam? Nowhere in the rules does it say I have to make a game for the jam just because I'm hosting it.

And I never gave a definite no.
marurun

by marurun Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:04 pm

Game Jams are normally held by people either in the industry or people or organizations with connections to a cause or with general clout in a related industry. No offense meant by this, but you’re effectively a nobody by those standards. So the optics are that you’re trying to find a way to get people to make games for you… whether this is intentional or the result of you being, yet again, fucking clueless is anybody’s guess.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:52 pm

Not gonna say anything yet, as I haven't even heard of a game jam until now, but I see this as a bad sign regarding your link. You need to add more details than that.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:09 am

What details exactly do I need to add?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on Ren'Py vs TyranoBuilder? Thinking about making a CYOA-style game for the jam, centered around a story told by one of the Midnight Society members (if I use pre-existing Midnight Society members, it'd probably be told by Frank). In it, a high-school student gets an after-school job as an "alchemist's assistant" to a local alchemist named Dr. Vink (a recurring character in Frank's stories), but when he gets the job by lying about his abilities the results are disastrous. Tasked with helping Dr. Vink stop the evil they unleashed (which depends on the choices you make), will you succeed and learn the value of honesty... or will yours be a lesson you learn the hard way?

I'm going for an authentic AYAOTD-style story, albeit with interactive elements.

If I really wanted to be basic, I'd dredge up my old BASIC skills. :lol:
Return to Creator's Corner