Game Storage Guide - Game Boy and other Game Carts

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Game Storage Guide - Game Boy and other Portable Game Ca

Post by CRTGAMER »

Guide at the OP in the 1st page.

Anything I need to add? Please let me know and I will update it.

Broodstar wrote:Here are some pics showing that the GBA carts fit two per pocket:

Looks good! The heavy duty vinyl plastic pocket pages are the way to go.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Ack

Re: Game Storage Guide - Game Boy and other Portable Game Ca

Post by Ack »

Wow, those UltraPRO card sleeves really make for a nice looking finished product. I do believe that is the route I'll consider if I get back into Game Boy or Game Boy Color games.
ejamer
128-bit

Re: Game Storage Guide - Game Boy and other Game Carts

Post by ejamer »

Another option is discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50532

Short summary is that acrylic display stands for finger nail polish are wonderfully suited to displaying loose Game Boy games. Cheap and easy to find, it's a nice alternative if you have enough space and want the labels showing.

Link to the YouTube video discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oreOa_rIUj0
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Updated the OP, included info on this screenshot.
Attachments
Fingernail Polish Display Tray.JPG
Fingernail Polish Display Tray.JPG (48.11 KiB) Viewed 14747 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

exonerator
16-bit

Post by exonerator »

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon an officially licensed alternative to using Ultra Pro card pages!

It's in pretty good shape, but one of the pockets is torn (easy fix), and it definitely came from a heavy smoker's house. Does anyone have any advice for getting rid of cigarette smells from plastic like this? I'd love to actually use this, but I'm not risking having my games smell like cigarettes (I only put those games in it for a brief moment for a demonstration picture).
RalliArtEvo

Post by RalliArtEvo »

You could try dryer sheets. Stick a couple in between pages and close it up for a week.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Any updates to this? I think this would be a nice one to turn into a blog post guide!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

racketboy wrote:Any updates to this? I think this would be a nice one to turn into a blog post guide!

Nothing new to add though new ideas can always pop up. Another semi related Guide that could be combined into the published article?

Controller Storage Guide - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=38291&p=625519#p625519

Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

The only thing I think that's emerged over the past couple of years was people taking cassette tape cases, printin artwork, then using them as Game Boy cases. Pretty cool actually.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Blu wrote:The only thing I think that's emerged over the past couple of years was people taking cassette tape cases, printin artwork, then using them as Game Boy cases. Pretty cool actually.

This is how I store my Sega Genesis carts. Both of the same era, Sega must have taken that into account when designing the cart shell size. Tha Accolade carts are too narrow and tall, but can lay sideways. Same with the Sonic adapter, Virtua Racing and 32x carts.