Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: PSX Dual Analog Guide- Flightstick - Barracuda - □xo∆ FA

by CRTGAMER Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:26 pm

JoeAwesome wrote:CRT- Would you know anything about using a dual analog controller with a dreamcast converter? I think it might be a really great idea for the Dreamcast's fps games.

Edit: Forgot that the dual analog only replicates the d-pad, so it won't work. I guess the fps games would benefit if the analogs could be switched, if the DC uses the analog and d-pad at the same time when using a converter.

Actually the Dual Analog has three modes including Duel Shock. That is an interesting idea concerning Dreamcast FPS games, I'll give that a try later and see what happens in the different modes.

CRTGAMER posted in the OP wrote:DUAL ANALOG; the only Sony brand Controller that supports 3 modes:
1. Gamepad
2. Flightstick
3. Dual Shock
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

by JoeAwesome Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Please let me know! If it works, I think it might pique my interest for Outtrigger.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Tested the PS1 Dual Analog with the Dreamcast controller adapter. A regular PS2 Duel Shock also came up the same for the first two modes.

Gamepad Mode
Left Analog Stick - Does not work
Right Analog Stick - Does not work
Dpad, Triggers, Face Buttons - Matched to Dreamcast

Dual Shock Mode
Left Analog Stick = Dreamcast Analog Stick
Right Analog Stick = Does not work
Dpad, Triggers, Face Buttons - Matched to Dreamcast

Flightstick Mode
Left Analog Stick = Dreamcast Analog Stick
Right Analog Stick = Does not work
Dpad - Dreamcast Dpad
Trigger, Face Buttons - Buttons Remapped

No luck on getting Dreamcast FPS movement with the Analog stick. The four face button standard FPS movement is the same when using a PSX controller adapted to the Dreamcast. However, a two player Arcade stick works when modded as a Twinstick, though the camera and movement would be digital. The Face buttons are controlled by player two stick, I have done this with a Blaze Twinshock.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

by JoeAwesome Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:49 pm

I was afraid of that. Thanks for checking it out, though!
BitFaced
64-bit

by BitFaced Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:12 am

I just picked up one of these at a local UK car boot for £2.50.
N64/NES/FC/SNES/SFC/GB (SGB)/GBC (Black)(SGB)/FDS/Satellaview/Genesis/Mega Drive/Master System & maybe N64DD/GBC/GBA.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:02 am

Just wanted to mention here in case anyone missed it.
Armored Core PS1 and Gun Griffon Blaze PS2 work wonderful with the SCPH-1110 also having that Steel Battalion feel to an extent (only because SB has tons of buttons). Also would recommend trying Battle Engine Aquila as well as other Tank games with this setup.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
ave1
8-bit

by ave1 Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:40 pm

So I have the Sony PS1 Analog Joystick (AKA Dual Analog Flightsticks controller) and recently obtained the Mayflash PSX to Wii Classic controller adapter that CRTGAMER linked to on Amazon. I plugged it in, and it is not working. So, CRTGAMER, are you sure that the adapter that's linked in the message is the one you got working with the Dual Analog Flightsticks? I'm puzzled by this.
Return to Guides