Overwatch (the thread of the game)

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Overwatch (the thread of the game)

Post by noiseredux »

D.Va is by far my best and most played character, which is why I try not to even play her anymore. I like keeping it fresh and learning other characters. I don't really play other Tanks though. Sometimes Rein.

I'm okay with Sombra. I think she's fun. So generally I'll go through phases with her, Soldier76 and Tracer where I'll play one of them as my Offense pick for a week or two and then switch.

Junkrat is awesome. I do use him fairly often, but haven't lately because I've been trying to get better w/ Blackwidow so she's become my default Defense pick for the most part.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:D.Va is by far my best and most played character, which is why I try not to even play her anymore. I like keeping it fresh and learning other characters. I don't really play other Tanks though. Sometimes Rein.

I'm okay with Sombra. I think she's fun. So generally I'll go through phases with her, Soldier76 and Tracer where I'll play one of them as my Offense pick for a week or two and then switch.

Junkrat is awesome. I do use him fairly often, but haven't lately because I've been trying to get better w/ Blackwidow so she's become my default Defense pick for the most part.

Widow is probably better on attack then defence though, despite her categorization. The main reason being that on defence you have to consistently hit shots quickly on targets who are moving towards a point to be effective, but on attack you only need to hit one or two good shots against key targets who are generally playing around a stationary chokepoint in order to give your team an advantage.

Junkrat on the other hand can fill chokes with bombs from either the attackers or defenders side, so he works either way.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

I’ll have to find time to play this next week. I always love trying new characters. I don’t really have a best or favorite character, I’m generally decent with most characters, except I don’t think I’ve ever had a good match with Widowmaker and seldom with Hanzo. I’m a terrible sniper. I never use the scope for Ana so I can get by with her, but Widowmaker is pretty awful without the scope. I’m probably best with the non-sniping defense characters. I can really bug people with Mei and junkrat, and dominate some matches with Tolbjorn.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I was playing some after work last night on random heroes, and it demonstrated just how terrible I am with non-D.Va heroes. I can play a decent Symmetra, Zenyatta, and Mercy, but my heart will always go to D.Va. Loving Brigitte, though, and I plan on making her my main support once the launch hype dies down.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

bumping this again because ever since the Switch version came out last month, I've been pretty re-obsessed with OW. Anybody else play it on Switch now?