What sports game are you playing?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: What sports game are you playing?

Post by retrosportsgamer »

NCAA Football '14 for the Xbox 360. Even without a Gold membership, you can still search another gamertag for updated rosters and Operation Sports still puts these out with a ton of work every year. I've played so many seasons of this game over the last 6+ years. While it was the last NCAA football ever released, it has a very strong legacy.

Mutant League Football Dynasty Edition (XB1) - so I forgot I bought the physical version of this off amazon like a year ago for maybe 7-8 bucks idk? I found it organizing and fired it up. It's NFL Blitz with mutant league stuff and I didn't hate it . It's very straight forward football, and the simplicity is honestly refreshing. They also updated rosters (game update) to reflect last year's NFL (scary names sub in for the real players but its crystal clear who is who), which i appreciated.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

noiseredux wrote:I picked up a copy of Madden NFL Football ("11.5") on 3DS as it's the most recent portable Madden I could get my hands on. It's far from perfect - missing a lot of the extra modes and all from its console counterparts, but it is a lot of fun - at least to run a simple single-player season. If anyone's into Madden or collecting 3DS or whatever, look into this one as it's the only Madden game on 3DS; along with Madden 12 on Wii U, the last of the Madden's released on Nintendo hardware; and maybe for those two reasons it's also surprisingly not cheap on the aftermarket.

i bought the Madden Football Vita bundle when i got my system. Madden '13 with Calvin Johnson on the cover. An excellent portable Madden, that never got a follow-up release.

Those Nintendo ones are neat, both game at launch to boost 3rd party support. I was always interested in the 3DS version.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I tried the Switch demo for the 2020 Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games release (which, funnily enough, will end up being a 2020 release for a 2021 Olympic event). It's pretty fun. Never played one of the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics games before, but I might check this one out when I get two pennies to rub together given how much I enjoyed the demo.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I tried the Switch demo for the 2020 Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games release (which, funnily enough, will end up being a 2020 release for a 2021 Olympic event). It's pretty fun. Never played one of the Mario and Sonic at the Olympics games before, but I might check this one out when I get two pennies to rub together given how much I enjoyed the demo.

I enjoy collecting the Mario sports games, its one of just a few subsets I still try to catch up on. But I never went down the Olympics rabbit hole (and you have the $$ WiiU one). I love the sports mini game idea a good bit.

I need to break out Mario Hoops 3 on 3 for the DS again. Easily the weirdest Mario sports title, Square developed it, and thankfully you can turn off the damn stylus (for a sports game, yuck!).