RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
opa
128-bit

Re: Video Pinball

by opa Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:22 am

Demon's Tilt is currently $10 on steam.

Gucci wrote:I always found pinball videos games to be pretty great. I feel that you have two types: games using licensed tables and game using licensed properties.

My experience is with the latter but for the former, I have the PSP releases of Pinball Hall of Fame games: Gottlieb and Williams. About 23 tables between the two I think. The issue with that release is the game runs at 30FPS so it’s a bit slow but it is portable so there’s that. Hard to take advantage of the vertical mode if you’re playing on a PSP Go because of the controls being on one side and not top and bottom like Klax on the Lynx. On the Vita, I have Zen Pinball 2. That has a mix of old school inspired tables and tables revolving external properties like Marvel and Star Wars but still formatted under a more traditional table.

As mentioned, the latter is where I spent most of my time in. I spent countless hours playing Kirby’s Pinball Land, Pokémon Pinball on the GB and GBA, that wierd Mario Pinball on the GBA, and spent a bit of time on the Metroid Prime pinball game. I even used the packed in rumble pak for the GBA slot on the DS for some rumble action. Never got around to playing Pinball of the Dead in the GBA but heard positive things with that one.

Pinball of the dead is pretty fun. I wish it was made for a different platform. The GBA graphics and sound hold it back.
Return to Other Genres