Arcade Archives VS. CASTLEVANIA (PS4, Switch)

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Ziggy

Arcade Archives VS. CASTLEVANIA (PS4, Switch)

Post by Ziggy »

I posted this in the Castlevania thread, but I thought it deserves its own thread.

This was released in mid October of 2019, but I just discovered it. It's VS Castlevania with some extra modes for Switch and PS4 as part of Arcade Archives series. The extra modes are score related. There's Caravan Mode, in which you have 5 minutes to score as many points as you can. Then there's high score mode, in which you have to score as many points as you can until you reach a game over. And there's online score boards! If you ask me, this is a must-buy for any Classic-vania fans.

I just played through Caravan Mode for the first time using the official Switch NES controller, and it played great! Castlevania is one of my all-time favorite games. At this point, beating the game without dying isn't much of a challenge. So aside from thinking about attempting a no-damage run, I usually go for a high score when I play these days. So getting an official release of VS Castlevania with online high score rankings is like a dream come true for me!

Anyone wanna compete with me? I can update the first post with our rankings.