What platformer are you playing now?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: What platformer are you playing now?

Post by Anapan »

Started Axiom Verge. It's the best Metroid game I've played since the GBA ones (It's probably better, from what I read), and it's not actually Metroid (but it totally is!). It feels just like the original Metroid, but pumped up. All alone in an alien landscape and all that. There's a data corrupter item, like when you screw with a NES's cartridge connectors while the game's running - very cool!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SNKnicotine
128-bit

Post by SNKnicotine »

I recently started playing Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii, at first was turned off by the use of motion but after sometime of gameplay I really got used to it and started enjoying game. The soundtrack is awesome and I love how all the boss battles are cheered on, This is a good reimaging of the DK country series.

1-logo.jpg
1-logo.jpg (15.66 KiB) Viewed 12437 times
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Just snagged the apprentice for the CD-i, hopefully it doesn't require the digital video card as I read somewhere but there is no mention on the case and I think it would mention that?

However thanks to the CD-I forums hopefully I can test out those hidden Hentai codes! Lol
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

SNKnicotine wrote:I recently started playing Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii, at first was turned off by the use of motion but after sometime of gameplay I really got used to it and started enjoying game. The soundtrack is awesome and I love how all the boss battles are cheered on, This is a good reimaging of the DK country series.

1-logo.jpg

Hey have you checked out a great series like Donkey Kong Country, called Donkey King?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Just downloaded Ufouria: The Saga from the Wii U Virtual Console. It's one of those wacky NES games that was released in Japan and Europe but not the US.

I have no idea what I'm doing...
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Just downloaded Ufouria: The Saga from the Wii U Virtual Console. It's one of those wacky NES games that was released in Japan and Europe but not the US.

I have no idea what I'm doing...

That game is awesome.

You want to find your friends and then find power-ups so that you can go to new areas. It's basically a metroidvania.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I'm looking forward to it.

Kinda annoyed it's only on the Wii U (not 3DS) Virtual Console though. I guess I'll live.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

The original vers of Spelunky. Furthest I have made it is stage 8.
Aaron C.
8-bit

Post by Aaron C. »

Playing Skyblazer. Such a great game. Doesn't get the credit it deserves for looking great and playing better.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Skyblazer is excellent. One of my favorite platformers ever. Soundtrack is awesome too.