Recommend a good game to learn mouse and keyboard?

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Re: Recommend a good game to learn mouse and keyboard?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Okay, thanks. :)

I just tried some Quake Champions and ... ROFL

Hey, i got ONE "frag"

EDIT: Turns out i got TWO :lol:
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Welcome to Quake.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Heh :P

Well, i've given it a far longer go than ever before. I can see the appeal for fast paced first person shooters against human opponents. However, its just not for me. Main reason being i play mostly 3rd person single player stuff and 2d modern, and retro, games.

I got pretty far in Portal and then plugged in a controller to compare... awwwwww that's the stuff! :D Unlock my chair, lean back, put my feet up on the ottoman under my desk, and just chill :D

I bought a shnazzy "gamer" mouse, based on rocket jump ninja's reviews, and i think i might still try Quake Champions once and a while, as it was kinda fun. However, I'm mostly going to stop now and continue my life as a controller jokey pleb :D
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

You just need to find settings that work for you. When I first converted I used a sensitivity of about 2.75 out of 10. It wasnt until I got into competitive Team Fortress Classic that required a faster mouse turn to do the tricks needed to compete. So one day I cranked up the sensitivity and loaded up one of the maps solo and practiced until I could complete the basic tricks.

TFC had a concussion grenade that would fling the player around. The pros would use them to equivalency rocket jump but the conc would let you fly while crouching. So all of the sudden you could fly into a window, from across a map. Or you could fly through the window and have another one ready to fling the yourself down a hallway. And once you get into conc jumping, it is like learning how to setup Windmills in chess.