Old eMachines build

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
jay_red
Next-Gen

Old eMachines build

Post by jay_red »

Hey guys, its been a while since I was frequenting this site, it used to be my #1 go to when I sat down at the computer. I guess things change, and I wasn't gaming as much, and my retro collecting kind of took a back seat.

Anyway, I recently started a youtube channel, and have a couple videos up. My most recent one is taking an old eMachines "never obsolete" computer and building it into a kind of sleeper. Im not going to make it too modern, more of like an early to mid 2000 powerhouse. I will go over more once I get the parts in that I have on order.

If you could give it a watch and provide any feedback I would be grateful. Any criticism is welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EkhzRPB16E&t
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Ziggy

Re: Old eMachines build

Post by Ziggy »

Ahhh, a 633 MHz Celeron with Windows ME. That must have been a fun computer back in the day!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the project. :D
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

emachines build.jpg
emachines build.jpg (189.09 KiB) Viewed 19578 times

Got this done tonight and it fired right up on the first try...well kinda. I am super excited how this is turning out!
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Hey, looks like a Rosewill HSF! I had a similar one in a build that I did for my mom some years back. What socket is that? In fact, what are the rest of the specs? Or do we have to wait for the video?