Tabletop Simulator The Thread

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Tabletop Simulator The Thread

Post by noiseredux »

from PCGamer:
Tabletop Simulator hit Steam Early Access in April of 2014—we took a look at it not long after it went live—and yesterday the developers at Berserk Games announced that it will go into full release on June 5. But that won't mean the end of development, as the studio still plans to implement VR support, a Space Theme Pack, a mobile version, and other features and fixes that will inevitably prove necessary.

The studio also announced a deal to develop Superfight, a card game about battles between fictional superheroes created by Robert Kirkman's Skybound Entertainment, into official Tabletop Simulator DLC. "The entire Skybound team is thrilled to expand the universe of Superfight with Tabletop Simulator," Skybound Interactive President Dan Murray said. "We look forward to seeing Superfight live in the digital world for years to come."
Tabletop Simulator is still available on Early Access for $15/£11, but will bounce to $20/£15 at launch. The Superfight DLC will sell for $10/£7, and will also be available on June 5.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

And now Tabletop Simulator has a major threat:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ta ... oard-games

Tabletopia is very similar but with one very very big distinction:
Backing from game creators.

I dont think Tabletop Simulator is going anywhere, the industry let VASSAL live for the last decade. So this could be great competition.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Does it monetize the individual games?

One of the strengths of Tabletop Simulator is you can create anything. It's just a toolset. The individual board games we've talked about are just things people in the community made with that toolset.
Last edited by Cronozilla on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

From the best I can tell it has a monthly subscription cost. I am still waiting for the simulator that lets me use a second screen or a tablet as my hand.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Cronozilla wrote:It's on sale! Currently $11.99 Right here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ta ... storefront

not a bad price. Hmm.

Also, I don't think I realized it had left Early Access. That's cool.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Is this still worth getting? If so what is everyone playing on it?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

SpaceBooger wrote:Is this still worth getting? If so what is everyone playing on it?

This response is pretty delayed, but the most recent thing I've played on Tabletop Simulator was Scythe, maybe a year or two ago. It was functional, but I didn't find it to be ideal. Scythe is a great game, in general, though.