Tabletop Simulator The Thread

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Re: Tabletop Simulator The Thread

Post by Cronozilla »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:The second game we played ... an immortal [was] trying to murder one of us and sacrifice us in some satanic ritual.

You threw me to the wolves. You jacked the elevator and ran.

noiseredux, there's a lot of single player board games in existence. It would be easiest in doing some board game research and then seeing if someone's made it and posted it in workshop. Most of the popular stuff is there. Eldritch Horror is available and that's 1-8 players, for example.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Cronozilla wrote:@Sano it's easily one of the best "simulator" games to come out. I'm surprised how much board game manufacturers don't care right now.

Really? Boardgamers are stupid elitist about odd things. Many view that if you dont have 200+ titles in your collection you are just a casual - Heck I was told my 600 was casual since I did not have enough Euro games in it. Ontop of that, unless TTS supports paid modules, they have little reason to embrace it since it will do little to stop piracy of their games. This is not like VASSAL which is designed so you have to have a copy of the game to play, they typically turn a blind eye that way, you dont need anything but a copy of TTS.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

fastbilly1 wrote:
Cronozilla wrote:@Sano it's easily one of the best "simulator" games to come out. I'm surprised how much board game manufacturers don't care right now.

Really? Boardgamers are stupid elitist about odd things. Many view that if you dont have 200+ titles in your collection you are just a casual - Heck I was told my 600 was casual since I did not have enough Euro games in it. Ontop of that, unless TTS supports paid modules, they have little reason to embrace it since it will do little to stop piracy of their games. This is not like VASSAL which is designed so you have to have a copy of the game to play, they typically turn a blind eye that way, you dont need anything but a copy of TTS.

I think crono means he is surprised how little the companies don't care ad so many mods are up and available. The only one I know of is munchkin, but only over the board. Keep the cards and that is ok, but have that board and they take it down
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:

I think crono means he is surprised how little the companies don't care ad so many mods are up and available. The only one I know of is munchkin, but only over the board. Keep the cards and that is ok, but have that board and they take it down

Ah, I must have misunderstood.

Its on my wishlist.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Just letting everyone know that I put some work on a personal, private project in Tabletop simulator and we do indeed have a complete working set of the base game for Arkham Horror. It isn't available on the workshop and is something I did for personal use only, but if anyone wants to play, you are more than welcome to.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Damn dude that's impressive.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

noiseredux wrote:Damn dude that's impressive.

A lot of the work was already done by some other people and released, but a large portion of cards had to be removed to keep it available. Things like the board, character and cthulu cards were all there still I just had to make about 100 or so cards and add text to them. Not as impressive, but I still went the extra mile to get the game playable.

GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I haven't been keeping up with this lately, but I just wanted to drop in and say that I'd like to start a game with someone. I got my headset replaced so I can play the game properly.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

GSZX1337 wrote:I haven't been keeping up with this lately, but I just wanted to drop in and say that I'd like to start a game with someone. I got my headset replaced so I can play the game properly.

Excellent! I should have some time some time next week to play some Cards Against Humanity! Let me know when you are available and I am sure I can scrounge Crono up to play and some other folks! Just let me know!

Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

I don't know if I'm a selling point.