Indie Box

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Indie Box

Post by noiseredux »

Has anyone heard of Indie Box? It's a subscription based publisher that launched this month. Basically for $20 a month you get a new indie game mailed to you in fancy limited edition packaging with a bunch of feelies. It sounds like a brilliant venture to me and i as soon as i looked into it but sadly not in time to get the first game this month.
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Indie Box

Post by Stark »

Methinks you forgot a link: https://www.theindiebox.com/

Looks cool to me. I don't have a room for a lot of this stuff, I've been going all digital, but I would do this if it weren't for that.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I think it is neat, but I still prefer race to the bottom.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Looks interesting reminds me of loot crate which I tried out a while back. Definitely will look into this when I have some spare cash to toss around.

You can buy the old boxes as well according to their site but everything is sold out at the moment so they must not have a ton of inventory.

https://www.theindiebox.com/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:I think it is neat, but I still prefer race to the bottom.

Of course. But i like the idea of encouraging physical releases of indie games, and pc games in general. You hear a lot of guys complain about digital only games, and i bet there's folks out there that didnt try Limbo or Journey until they received a physical release.

The price is also quite reasoable based on the cool limited packaging.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

got my first Indie Box game today... Escape Goat 2. Really quality cardboard box. Game comes on a thumb drive w/ nice art, CD soundtrack with nice slipcase art, high quality poster, a keychain, several stickers, a "cubecraft" figure, and full color manual. Very impressed!
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

noiseredux wrote:got my first Indie Box game today... Escape Goat 2. Really quality cardboard box. Game comes on a thumb drive w/ nice art, CD soundtrack with nice slipcase art, high quality poster, a keychain, several stickers, a "cubecraft" figure, and full color manual. Very impressed!

I've been listening to the soundtrack to this game quite a lot. I really like the music. It's kind of like Baroque music remixed on New Wave synthesizers to be more danceable. I haven't played the game yet, but the first Escape Goat was great. It's like a fast paced Solomons Key... with goats.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

if I'm not mistaken, the music is the same guy that does the Game Sack theme song.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

noiseredux wrote:got my first Indie Box game today... Escape Goat 2. Really quality cardboard box. Game comes on a thumb drive w/ nice art, CD soundtrack with nice slipcase art, high quality poster, a keychain, several stickers, a "cubecraft" figure, and full color manual. Very impressed!

Not a bad price, but why a Thumb Drive? That could get corrupted, they should have put the game on a pressed disc or combined to the sound track disc. Maybe its hidden in there as well; is the music disc a CDR?

Please post a pic of all the stuff! Maybe even your take on the game, looks like a good platformer!

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Really interested in this. It just started a month ago?

Gonna keep an eye on the site and I may sign up once I move.