L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition

Post by Pulsar_t »

Anyone else getting this? Sort of glad I didn't jump for it on the 360. Here's hoping it'll be adequately optimised at launch. What are the "complete" bits in this release?
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
MrPopo

Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition

Post by MrPopo »

Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Where's the fun in looking up stuff on wikis? :?
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

It's a GOTY edition, basically. The core game plus all the DLC.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

If it's anything like Rockstar PC ports of the past few years, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. No, a TWENTY foot pole. I'd rather pick it up for console knowing that at least I'll get a playable copy of the game.

I have no idea why Rockstar hates the PC so much these days. I'd say maybe the game has a small chance since they didn't actually develop it, but with the original developer shuttered..I don't know.

I will wait for many, many reviews and the Steam Christmas sale before jumping on it.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I already picked it up so I'll pass on it.
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
ghost1334
8-bit

Post by ghost1334 »

Good thing I never picked it up, Im getting it for the PC
Playstation 2; Playstation 3; Super Nintendo(mini); 3xGenesis; Sega CD; 2x3DO; XBOX; XBOX360; Wii; 2xNintendo(one top loader); Gameboy Color; GBA; Nintendo DS; PSP; Gamecube; 5xDreamcast(4 American, 1 Japanese); 2xSaturn(1 American, 1 Japanese); Nintendo 64; PC
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

necro-bump to ask... How open is the open world of LA Noire? I've been thinking about grabbing it for a while now, but I'm curious if I'll get any sort of GTA/RDR fix from its world, or is it a pretty strictly story-based game?
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

noiseredux wrote:necro-bump to ask... How open is the open world of LA Noire? I've been thinking about grabbing it for a while now, but I'm curious if I'll get any sort of GTA/RDR fix from its world, or is it a pretty strictly story-based game?

Its definitely not on the level of a GTA open world. You can stray from the path but what I recall is there is very little reason to do so besides to do some pointless collectathon stuff.