Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: How thrifty are you?

by stickem Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Everything thrifting around me is dried up where I dont even stop locally anymore, just a waste of time. When I travel for work I'll hit up thrift stores and local video game stores.
JoeAwesome
128-bit

by JoeAwesome Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Two years later, and nothing improves. Luckily, there's still zero expectations when I go thrifting, and at the moment, zero interest to go.

Two flea markets I went to closed down since my last post here. All this shows me is thrifting is pretty well done and dusted for the 32-bit generation and older, and tbh, that's mostly all I cared to go out and find.
benderx
Next-Gen

by benderx Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:51 am

Who wants to shop for used dirty electronics at this time of year. Dirty germs all around, corona !!!, dust, and fowl smell/air. Your probably not going to know that particular item belonged to a deceased indiviual. Cemteries/hospitals are booming at a fast rate. Doctors don't want to work 24/7 at this time of year, burnout like the statue of Atlas. Good luck cleaning, better to be safe than sorry or super spreader.

I have junk that I want to get rid of or sell, but can't until corona clears out.

Sometimes its best to wait a year to thrift.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:54 pm

In my heyday, three to four stores a week, two to three fleamarkets a month. I have been to zero since March of last year. Heck I have only gotten a handful of good side of the road finds in the last year.
Return to Game Deals