Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

FREE Trinitron for any Racketboy member

by samsonlonghair Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:24 pm

Howdy friends,

About two years ago I scored a SONY Trinitron for free. Now I figure it’s time to pay it forward in order to down size. I’m giving away my 27” Trinitron to any racketboy forum member who will come rescue it.

She’s still a great TV with a bright, gorgeous picture tube. She’s still perfect for lag-free standard definition retro gaming. She also has nice, clear speakers. This is the TV set that retro-gamers value, but the general population does not. I don’t want this TV set to end up in a landfill. Please rescue her.

This Trinitron is a big old beast. She’s tall, wide, and deep. She weighs too much to realistically ship anywhere. That means that you need to come get her. She is located in central Virginia near King’s Dominion.

Model # KV-27FS100

Update: My Trinitron is still available for any Racketboy member.

Furthermore, Melek-Ric has a similar Trinitron available in Indiana. See page two of this thread for more information.

Let’s keep these glorious old machines out of the landfill.
Last edited by samsonlonghair on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: FREE Trinitron for any Racketboy member

by Sarge Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Geez, if I were anywhere nearby I'd come get it. I'd actually like to downsize from my current 32" Trinitron. Thing is massive.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:21 pm

I have a 27" Trinitron. After hearing about how magical they were for so many years, I always figured I'd be disappointed when I finally saw one in person. Not true. When I finally found one in a thrift store, I was simply amazed the first second I powered on a NES game! If you're in driving distance, don't pass up this free TV if you still dig CRTs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aFhzGEBQlk

PS, if the remote is not included, remotes for Sony products are super easy to get. Just Google the model number (KV-27FS100 in this case) and you can pretty easily find a PDF of the original manual. Some where in the manual, Sony will list the model number for the remote. They always do. Just search the model number (for the remote, not the TV or whatever device the remote goes to) on eBay and you should be able to get one easily. I'm pretty sure Sony would often use the same model remote on multiple devices, which makes it that much easier to get replacements these days.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:56 pm

I actually got gutsy and delved into the service menu on mine. The only thing I did was adjust the horizontal/vertical size and position, though; half that stuff I have no clue about, and I don't want to blow it up!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:37 pm

You're killing us samsonlonghair, I'd love to get that ASAP if I were nearby. :lol:
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Glad you guys appreciate a great TV set. :D Seriously, someone come take this beautiful old beast to a new home.
Ziggy587 wrote:PS, if the remote is not included, remotes for Sony products are super easy to get. Just Google the model number (KV-27FS100 in this case) and you can pretty easily find a PDF of the original manual. Some where in the manual, Sony will list the model number for the remote. They always do. Just search the model number (for the remote, not the TV or whatever device the remote goes to) on eBay and you should be able to get one easily. I'm pretty sure Sony would often use the same model remote on multiple devices, which makes it that much easier to get replacements these days.

I purchased a replacement SONY brand remote that works perfectly with my Trinitron. Every function including all the menus operate as they should. I will gladly include her remote for any brave soul who comes to pick up my Trinitron. :mrgreen:

Come to think of it, I may have obtained a manual for her too. I was in the habit of printing out manuals on the Xerox at work and binding them with a combinder with a clear cover page. I’ll have to dig that up.

Edit: confirmed I have the manual as well as the remote to complete the set. Remind me to post pictures tomorrow.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:28 pm

That's about 3 hours too far for me to go driving to it sadly. I think I had that very model or maybe a few inches bigger as my last CRT before I went into 720p with a Panasonic Viera I lucked into that loved old games. I'd probably have kept it all this time had not this expensive mainboard inside of it hadn't blown out. The last game it really saw was Zelda on the old Wii. I remember going back to it after I went up to the best cable Nintendo provided for it which was nice seeing the RCA ghosting drop off.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:36 am

I'd travel up to 150 Km to get that, unfortunately, that's still 3600 Km too far. Hope someone rescues it!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:44 pm

I don't blame you, and I was off on my time guess last night. If that profile location of Richmond is accurate that's an 8-9hr drive which for a CRT isn't happening. Not sure why but was thinking it was much shorter than that. It is a quality tv though for whoever is within a couple hours of it.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Pics

manual

remote(s)
Return to Game Deals