Hi

I found this Image

I found out that this is the the "rare" US version, I see a big price on ebay

is that a real price or what?
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Sega Game Gear Pete Sampras Tennis US find

by Nemoide Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Don't trust eBay prices unless you're looking at sold listings. People can ask whatever they want, leading to all kinds of nutzo listings that will never sell. (Just try looking at what some people ask for Disney VHS tapes! Despite the fact that they can be found for much much less.)

Just looking around, it looks like the game *is* quite rare, so I expect it should be worth a decent amount to the right person. The most valuable Game Gear game I know of is Panzer Dragoon Mini which normally goes for about $200-$300 complete. But that game has the collectability-advantage of being part of a somewhat well-known series. I don't know what Pete Sampras Tennis might go for or how many Game Gear completionists are out there, but I'd *guess* it would end up going for less than $500, rather than the $4,600 that guy on eBay is asking for.

Regardless, congrats on finding something rare!
Alex78

by Alex78 Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Nemoide wrote:Don't trust eBay prices unless you're looking at sold listings. People can ask whatever they want, leading to all kinds of nutzo listings that will never sell. (Just try looking at what some people ask for Disney VHS tapes! Despite the fact that they can be found for much much less.)

Just looking around, it looks like the game *is* quite rare, so I expect it should be worth a decent amount to the right person. The most valuable Game Gear game I know of is Panzer Dragoon Mini which normally goes for about $200-$300 complete. But that game has the collectability-advantage of being part of a somewhat well-known series. I don't know what Pete Sampras Tennis might go for or how many Game Gear completionists are out there, but I'd *guess* it would end up going for less than $500, rather than the $4,600 that guy on eBay is asking for.

Regardless, congrats on finding something rare!

Where did you look around? I didnt' find any info
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:33 pm

Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Return to Game Deals