Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Ziggy587

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by Ziggy587 Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:36 am

Nice, those are some fun games. Decent price on the light gun. I remember it being impossible to find one sub $30 when I got one a year or two ago.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:52 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Nice, those are some fun games. Decent price on the light gun. I remember it being impossible to find one sub $30 when I got one a year or two ago.

I got one with house of the dead 2 along time ago for super cheap and had been searching for a 2nd one for 2 player forever.
KingSudlow
8-bit

by KingSudlow Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:59 pm

Hazerd...good finds! I took the time last year to collect all of the SF Rush and Cruisn' games for the N64 (loose carts only)...for some reason I have really developed a taste for exaggerated arcade style racing games as I've gotten old. If you don't have them already (and you like that type of gameplay), they are very common and not very expensive (most of them will run you only $5 each or so.) Great for short gaming sessions, too!
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:22 pm

KingSudlow wrote:Hazerd...good finds! I took the time last year to collect all of the SF Rush and Cruisn' games for the N64 (loose carts only)...for some reason I have really developed a taste for exaggerated arcade style racing games as I've gotten old. If you don't have them already (and you like that type of gameplay), they are very common and not very expensive (most of them will run you only $5 each or so.) Great for short gaming sessions, too!

Played Rush 2 with a couple friends recently, we mostly messed around on the stunt track, the one thing i remember playing alot when i rented it back in the day.
KingSudlow
8-bit

by KingSudlow Sun May 02, 2021 11:16 am

Ventured out to a local game store for the first time in a year...it was really nice to just spend a few minutes looking at games again. Small place, nice folks, usually not much of interest there...lots of used current gen stuff...glad to see they made it through the pandemic (another family owned retro game store a miles away did not). But...I dug through a shelf of N64 cartridges and found an absolutely filthy copy of "Gauntlet Legends", no price sticker. The owner was upset that someone on staff had taken the cart in without cleaning it up and said ""Five bucks." Took it home, gave it a good going over. Under the grime the label was pristine and the game worked perfectly after a little work on the contacts. An overnight stay in a sandwich bag with a dryer sheet and it now smells spring time fresh, too! A possible sign from the retrogaming gods that the clouds are lifting. Take care and be well everyone!
elricorico
32-bit

by elricorico Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:10 pm

It has been quite some time since any real "finds" for me. The pandemic changed my shopping habits; I've barely been to a thrift store in more than a year and garage sales were practically non-existent. Today though, I had what I think is a good score on Facebook marketplace.

For $70 Canadian I got this PS3 bundle:
https://pasteboard.co/K6kzGjM.jpg

I had Folklore on my want list for ages, just never happened upon it, and when it shot up in price I figured my chances of getting it had plummeted, but looks like today was my lucky day. Almost this whole bundle is new to me, and there are definitely a few keepers, but selling/trading the rest should get me close to getting these for nothing but time and gas. The only downside is Folklore is one of only a couple that were missing the manual.
KingSudlow
8-bit

by KingSudlow Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 pm

elricorico...very nice finds!
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Folklore is going for $60-80 on eBay
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:44 pm

Not something I found, but rather something someone found for me....

My mom decided to go to a vintage clothing store, just for a reason to get out of the house. On her way back she calls to tell me that she found something for me. I'm all "what could you have found for me? A hat?" (I like hats.) She’s like, "No..
Well, yes. But also something else." So when she sees me, she gives me this...

Neither of us knows what it was doing at a clothing store, but hey, I'm not going to complain. It looks like something started to nibble on the front, but the inside looks great.Thanks, ma!
Last edited by Michi on Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:17 pm

I am always amazed how people keep or forget things forever. One would think such guide would have been thrown in the garbage by mid 2002.
Return to Game Deals