Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Luigiman
24-bit

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by Luigiman »

Just picked up this big, bad, boi yesterday: a Sony PVM-20L5!
This is my first real PVM (I have a BVM-1315 that doesn't work quite right) and WOW what a monitor!
Before anyone gets jealous, I paid $$$way too much$$$ for this thing. But, with these CRT monitors getting more desirable and collectable, I decided to make a big purchase for myself. I haven't gotten around to setting it up all the way yet, but I'm excited to play some games on this, even my Switch!

SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Holy shit, this hasn't had any replies in a month. Used to get 5 a day.

Anyway I have had some good luck with games during quarantine- Picked up a boxed Lion King Genesis+games, 2 Gameboys+games, multitaps, magnifier and 3rd party case, an n64, DS, GBA SP and some guides for 150. Sold most of it so I basically paid 20$ for the Genesis.

Also about to buy a lot that has a random copy of Metal Gear Online in it for 20$. I'm seeing it go for 100$ on ebay- is that accurate?? I want it for my metal gear collection, so if it is I'm glad I'm getting it cheap...
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Holy shit, this hasn't had any replies in a month. Used to get 5 a day.

Look what I found!.... in my house, the building where I have spent almost every waking moment of my day for the past 8 weeks. It's my entire existing videogame collection!

Look what I found!... on Amazon, one of the world's most frequently visited websites. It's a game, being sold at what is essentially the standard online retail price!

Maybe not the best climate to be expecting lots of interesting posts :lol:
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

alienjesus wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:Holy shit, this hasn't had any replies in a month. Used to get 5 a day.

Look what I found!.... in my house, the building where I have spent almost every waking moment of my day for the past 8 weeks. It's my entire existing videogame collection!

Look what I found!... on Amazon, one of the world's most frequently visited websites. It's a game, being sold at what is essentially the standard online retail price!

Maybe not the best climate to be expecting lots of interesting posts :lol:

Totally fair, but still weird to see. Plus, you can still get deals if you know where to look.

My BST Thread
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

This used to be my yard sale season to look for stuff but with the Corona, those a few and far between. Cant even find stuff on facebook marketplace anymore. Every time someone has a good price on something and me or somebody commits, here comes the resale crowd offering more money or blowing up the sale with know all knowledge o the current market. Dam just keep your mouth shut people lol.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

stickem wrote:This used to be my yard sale season to look for stuff but with the Corona, those a few and far between. Cant even find stuff on facebook marketplace anymore. Every time someone has a good price on something and me or somebody commits, here comes the resale crowd offering more money or blowing up the sale with know all knowledge o the current market. Dam just keep your mouth shut people lol.

Facebook marketplace is a lawless wasteland.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

samsonlonghair wrote:
stickem wrote:This used to be my yard sale season to look for stuff but with the Corona, those a few and far between. Cant even find stuff on facebook marketplace anymore. Every time someone has a good price on something and me or somebody commits, here comes the resale crowd offering more money or blowing up the sale with know all knowledge o the current market. Dam just keep your mouth shut people lol.

Pretty much lol. Not many options in my area considering the size. Hell if game chasers lived out this way, they wouldn't have a show.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Well I have been hilariously shafted by Facebook marketplace today.

Bought the lot with Metal Gear Online in it for 20$, seller decided to take all 14 games out the case, throw it away and then mail all the discs loose in a bubble mailer. I just found out. I don't think I have ever been this upset about not getting a video game before.

My BST Thread
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

stickem wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:

Pretty much lol. Not many options in my area considering the size. Hell if game chasers lived out this way, they wouldn't have a show.

Best avatar ever award winner!
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Facebook marketplace has been pretty great for me- so far I have spent 220$, made 150$ back in direct cash, made an additional 67 in credit, and kept a handful of game gear games, that boxed Genesis, a gameboy and a copy of Metal gear online. Best I've done in YEARS.

My BST Thread