Muramasa: The Demon Blade

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

So despite having had it on my shelf for several years, I'm just now getting around to putting Muramasa in my Wii, DAMN, that game is pretty. If anyone says that there's no art in video games, he or she needs to play Muramasa. The visuals are definitely a work of art.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I'm actually playing it on Vita RIGHT NOW.

And yes, it's very pretty. Some really neat effects. Hard as nails on Chaos difficulty too.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yeah, I beat the Wii version three times with both characters to get all the endings and I've started doing the DLC chapters on the Vita version.

If you like Muramasa it looks like the HD rerelease of Odin Sphere will be right up your alley; it includes a remixed mode for the story that has gameplay much closer to Muramasa, and it still has that gorgeous Vanillaware art.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I absolutely love Muramasa. This is the most beautiful hack-n-slash game I have ever played.
I don't really fiddle around with the RPG elements too much. I just mash that attack button as fast as possible while digging the awesome visual style.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:So despite having had it on my shelf for several years, I'm just now getting around to putting Muramasa in my Wii, DAMN, that game is pretty. If anyone says that there's no art in video games, he or she needs to play Muramasa. The visuals are definitely a work of art.

Right game, wrong version.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Nothing wrong with the Wii version. It supports multiple control schemes. You can even play with a gamecube controller. Bliss.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

samsonlonghair wrote:Nothing wrong with the Wii version. It supports multiple control schemes. You can even play with a gamecube controller. Bliss.

I'm a big fan of the Wii, and I'm a big fan of the Wiimote. I played a little with that, a little with the Gamecube controller, and a little with the Classic Controller Pro to get a feel for all of it.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

samsonlonghair wrote:Nothing wrong with the Wii version. It supports multiple control schemes. You can even play with a gamecube controller. Bliss.

Wii version has worse graphics, worse controls, worse localization, and can't access the DLC.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Exhuminator wrote:

Wii version has worse graphics

We're on a forum full of people who play games that are 30 and 40 years old. I don't think graphics is the biggest consideration for a lot of us.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Says the guy who just got done exalting this game for its graphics.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.