Recommend Me Bluetooth Headphones with Low Latency

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: Recommend Me Bluetooth Headphones with Low Latency

Post by REPO Man »

I've had no real issues with them, aside from the usual ones revolving around over the ear headphones.
marurun

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote:I've had no real issues with them, aside from the usual ones revolving around over the ear headphones.

The question was about latency in the context of gaming. You have utterly failed to answer that question.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I've used it playing games on my computer and haven't noticed any latency.

Good thing, too, since when certain games don't play audio in full screen unless I'm using an external audio output.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Also, does the Switch produce any noticeable latency with Bluetooth audio devices? I tried my headphones on it and noticed probably less than a whole second of delay. Like if you used Mississippi seconds, about "1 Mi-" to "1 Miss-".
Ack

Post by Ack »

REPO Man wrote:Also, does the Switch produce any noticeable latency with Bluetooth audio devices? I tried my headphones on it and noticed probably less than a whole second of delay. Like if you used Mississippi seconds, about "1 Mi-" to "1 Miss-".

That's still an unacceptable level of delay for some players. Twitch-style games need as fast as possible to be effective. Otherwise, you're just a meat sack primed for fragging.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Well, thankfully for their price they're still good for everything else.

I honestly go DAYS without recharging them and if I'm working joth jobs that's 6½ hours a day on average.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Crypt of the NecroDancer and its spinoff Cadence of Hyrule have a calibration where you can measure latency.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Anapan wrote:Crypt of the NecroDancer and its spinoff Cadence of Hyrule have a calibration where you can measure latency.

30-80ms.
marurun

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote:
Anapan wrote:Crypt of the NecroDancer and its spinoff Cadence of Hyrule have a calibration where you can measure latency.

30-80ms.

30 ms is almost 2 frames of lag, and that's the best case scenario in the range you've provided. 80 ms is thus about 4 frames of lag. And frighteningly, that's not actually too bad at all for Bluetooth audio lag.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Serious question:

Are there games where quick reaction to audio cues is critical to success?

I can absolutely believe that they are out there, but I guess I must not play them.

Related, and vaguely interesting:

The human brain can handle a decent amount of audio latency before it becomes bothersome. However, if the audio leads the video by even a small amount it becomes very distracting very quickly.

I am not personally a fan of bluetooth audio, but I can see why other people would like it.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii