Anbernic series of handhelds

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
opa
128-bit

Anbernic series of handhelds

Post by opa »

My RG 351P arrived yesterday and I have to say that, for the price, I am quite impressed with the performance. Anything up to the 16 bit era seems to run perfectly. PS1 appears to be fine (I've only tried a handful of games though). PSP is hit or miss. Some games run at a playable framerate; others run like a snail in a marathon.

I just installed Amberelec as my OS so I haven't tried every single system yet so I don't know how the performance compares to the original OS that it came with.

Anyone else have an Anbernic handheld? I think its honestly going to change my gaming habits. I will get to enjoy retro games again! With the baby I can only do handhelds right now. Now I can play some classics again instead of just the Switch all the time. LOL
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Anbernic series of handhelds

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I have an old RG350, and I love it. The Linux-based OS is a little rough around the edges, but the emulator performance is great. It’s an amazing way to play retro games, and it’s really helped me spend more time with my collection (and push through some old games I’d have trouble competing on a television).
marurun

Post by marurun »

Do the Anbernic's have an Android-based OS option?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

351droid. I've never used it. It doesn't use the Google play store so you'd have to find your own apk's, if what I'm reading is correct.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I've been curious about these devices, so it's good to read some positive reviews about them! I think it'd be nice to have one to travel with, and also later on, when I might not be able to spend as much time in the area where I have my CRT and older consoles setup, this might be a nice way to still get some retro gaming in.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

If you want an Android handheld, I recommend the Retroid Pocket 3+. And if the game doesn't have native controller support you can use the built-in keymapper.

It also has decent PS2 and GameCube emulation for such a cheap device, though the developer of the best PS2 emulator, AetherSX2, has ceased development over being harassed.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Just bought my brother an upgrade to his previous vertical Anbernic - the RG35XX. It's cool, and better.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Looks pretty cool.