Games Acquired 2023

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Games Acquired 2023

Post by marurun »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:It's funny how many of the second gen / Golden Age classics ended up with sequels that no one talks about. Granted, a lot of them look pretty cheap and bad but I bet there are some buried gems somewhere.

You mean buried in a landfill? Or buried under the glut of other releases that contributed to the great American console games crash?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Markies' Games Acquired List Of 2023!

1. Roadkill (PS2)
2. Riviera: The Promised Land (GBA)
3. Quackshot (GEN)
4. Kid Icarus: Of Myths And Monsters (GBC)
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall Of The Foot Clan (GBC)
6. X-Men Mutant Apocalypse (SNES)
7. Silhouette Mirage (PS1)
8. Dark Cloud (PS2)
9. Rogue Galaxy (PS2)
10. Jade Empire: Limited Edition (XBOX)
11. Borderlands 2: Game Of The Year Edition (PS3)
12. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
13. Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
14. DuckTales Remastered (WiiU)
15. Octopath Traveler (NS)
16. Mario Superstar Baseball (GCN)
17. The Guardian Legend (NES)
18. Harvest Moon 64 (N64)
19. Parasite Eve II (PS1)
20. Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii)
21. Ori And The Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (NS)
22. Evolution 2: Far Off Promise (SDC)
23. Skies Of Arcadia Legends (GCN)

24. Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 (SDC)

I added Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 for the Sega DreamCast this morning!

Back in 2018, I went through the original Tokyo Xtreme Racer. Despite the large rubber band effect in the game, I still thought it was a rather enjoyable experience. It was a unique racing game and one that I thought could get better over time. Well, I am beginning to reach the end of my DreamCast Wishlist, so I decided to finally pick up the sequel. I am curious to see how they improved on the sequel and on the series going forward as it jumps to the PS2.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

emwearz 2023 Pickups - Running Total: $74.54 AUD / $50.40USD
Call of Duty 2: The Big Red One (PS2) - $4AUD / $2.75USD
One Piece Ultimate World Red (PS3) - $5AUD / $3.50USD
One Piece: Pirate Warriors (PS3) - $5AUD / $3.50USD
Lego Avengers (PS4) - $5AUD / $3.50USD
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy (PSP) - $18 / $12.50USD
This Is the Police 2 (XB1) - $4.20AUD / $2.90USD
Lost Sphere (PS4) - $10.74AUD / $7.40USD
Rallisport (Xbox) - $2AUD / $1.35USD - Thrift Shop
The Simpsons Games (PS2) - $3AUD / $2.03USD - Thrift Shop
Call of Duty WW2 (PS4) - $3AUD / $2.03USD - Thrift Shop
Aggressive Inline (Xbox) - $5.50AUD / $3.72USD inc Postage via Ebay
Red Steel (Wii) - $4.85AUD / $3.28USD inc Postage via Ebay
Largo Winch (PS2) - $2AUD / $1.35USD inc Postage via Ebay
Caesars Palace (GG) - $2.25AUD / $1.52USD inc Postage via Ebay

Rallisport (Xbox) - $2AUD / $1.35USD - Thrift Shop
The Simpsons Games (PS2) - $3AUD / $2.03USD - Thrift Shop
Call of Duty WW2 (PS4) - $3AUD / $2.03USD - Thrift Shop

I hit up a usual haunt today, mostly sports titles from the past 20 years, but almost like someone paired them up and then changed their mind I found these three off the side.

Rallisport, I am not big into racing games, but a couple bucks for an exclusive I had to get it.

The Simpsons Game, I played when it came out, I didn't finish it, but remember thinking it was okay enough to warrant the price.

COD WW2 I have finished and enjoyed well enough, I tend to by COD games just for the single player story modes a few years after they have been released, so this suited me just fine.

Aggressive Inline (Xbox) - $5.50AUD / $3.72USD inc Postage via Ebay
Red Steel (Wii) - $4.85AUD / $3.28USD inc Postage via Ebay
Largo Winch (PS2) - $2AUD / $1.35USD inc Postage via Ebay

I have had some decent buys on eBay lately. I picked up.

Aggressive Inline, I played it through a couple times when the console was recent, I really dig extreme sports games and this is by far the best Inline game there is, it is no Tony Hawk, but it plays well enough.

Red Steel is about as average a shooter as you can play, but as someone who got a Wii really close to launch, the novelty of the game made it work when it came out and for that reason it holds a place for me, the controls compared the games towards the end of the life of the Wii are night and day, oddly enough the sequel is one of the best controlling games on the system.

Largo Winch plays like Monkey Island 4 or Grim Fandango, I rented it back in the day and really enjoyed it but didn't finish it time before I returned it. I got a disc only copy and printed my own insert for this one, so I will be on the lookout for a cover upgrade.

Caesars Palace (GG) - $2.25AUD / $1.52USD inc Postage via Ebay

I don't own a Game Gear and I pretty much hate gambling in general, but for price I picked it up in case I ever do get a GG, I can test it I guess haha
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...I added quite a bit to my collection in April and was all over the place console wise. I've decided to give the N64 another go, I've never been a fan, so I grabbed two games that were recommended. I'm familiar with Wave Race from the NGC version and Mischief Makers is often called one of the best games available for the N64. Once I actually have a good way to hook my N64 up I'll be sure to check this one out first. I'm always on the lookout for Sega coolness to add, but it showed in two unexpected forms. A copy of Virtua Tennis 3 and House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, I've always enjoyed both series so these were solid finds imo. Greatest Heavyweights and Eternal Champions provide a more traditional Sega fix. I think Greatest Heavyweights may be the best 16-bit boxing game and though Eternal Champions is...ummm janky to say the least, I think it has its charms and also had some potential to be a solid series. Crimson Skies and Rygar are two older games I passed on back in the day an always wanted check out. I picked up Divinity original Sin b/c it's well regarded and after finishing Citizen Sleeper and adding Disco Elysium to the queue I've been looking forward to trying out more PC style RPGs. I've had my eye on Yurukill for a while now, it's a peanut butter and chocolate kind of scenario here. Shmups + an adventure game, two great things that should taste good together, besides it's generally hard to go wrong with a NIS release.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Hatris (GB; Cart)

Oh wow, hadn't heard of Hatris before. Lol. I gotta check it out sometime. You're on quite a roll this year!

Markies wrote:I added Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 for the Sega DreamCast this morning!

This seems like a fun series! I've gotta try to track down the first game for the DC sometime. Haven't made enough use of my Dreamcast lately!

emwearz wrote:I hit up a usual haunt today, mostly sports titles from the past 20 years, but almost like someone paired them up and then changed their mind I found these three off the side.

Nice pick-ups, emwearz! It's cool to see what you're able to find in your area. I also don't have a GG myself, but I'd like to pick-up a modded/re-capped one if I come across it at somepoint.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Switchmaxxing

Some awesome games here, Bone! I'm especially interested in Zangetsu and Nier Automata. Undernauts looks interesting too, great box art there.

Syndicate wrote:...I added quite a bit to my collection in April and was all over the place console wise. I've decided to give the N64 another go, I've never been a fan, so I grabbed two games that were recommended.

Some good stuff here, Syndicate! I've been curious about those Genesis games as well, don't have either myself but have heard both are worth checking out. Also, Divinity seems like it could be a good co-op experience, so I might try to grab that. Mischief Makers is an interesting game on the N64, as there aren't too many 2D titles on the system and the concept is pretty unique. I liked the bit that I played and aiming to finish the game later this year!

Hope everyone enjoys their recent pick-ups!
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

1. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PS1)
2. Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (PS1)
3. Shining Force Gaiden III: Final Conflict (SMS)
4. Paperboy (GB)
5. Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (PS1)
6. Diablo (PS1)
7. Beyond the Beyond (PS1)
8. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II (PS2)
9. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (PS1)
10. Pocky & Rocky (SNES)
11. Champions of Norrath (PS2)
12. Shredder's Revenge (Switch)
13. The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa (Switch)

Had a good month of pick-ups in April! I had a chance to go to a mom and pop game store in my city, which was quite a trip from the area I live in, but I had a great time visiting the store and exploring the neighborhood, which was a highlight of my month.

Alisia Dragoon (GEN) - I've been slacking on the Genesis pick-ups this year! I've been making an effort to check out more stuff from Game Arts, and found it at a local game store I've been meaning to check out. Really unique game and awesome soundtrack.

Darius Gaiden (SAT) - Another title I've wanted for a while and was surprised to come across it at the same store. Originally the game had a strange replacement case but when I asked about it, the guy working there swapped it out with an original case, which was really nice, IMO. Looking forward to shooting down some aquatic enemies! Lol.

Suikoden (PS1) - I'm still on the hunt for some early PS1 RPGs and Suikoden was high on that list. My buddy used to have this game and I remember checking it out at his house, but I never got deep into it. Hoping to finally play it later this year. The US cover art for this game cracks me up.

The Peace Keepers (SNES) - Admittedly I didn't know about this game until a few years ago. I was aware of the earlier games in the Rushing Beat series on the SNES, but somehow I missed this one. The local game store near me has had a copy covered in red marker for probably two years now, which I almost bought on a few occasions, but I'm glad to have found one in good shape!

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (SNES) - As a beat 'em ups fan with some nostalgia for the show, I checked this out through emulation years ago. I ended up having a better time with it than I was expecting, but I'm a fan of most Natsume games from this era, so I guess that checks out!
Last edited by Note on Wed May 10, 2023 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Awesome pick ups, Note!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for SNES was one of my first SNES games when I got a SNES for my 9th birthday.

As an adult I learned that holding up and attack allowed the Pink Ranger to fire an arrow with bow.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Markies' Games Acquired List Of 2023!

1. Roadkill (PS2)
2. Riviera: The Promised Land (GBA)
3. Quackshot (GEN)
4. Kid Icarus: Of Myths And Monsters (GBC)
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall Of The Foot Clan (GBC)
6. X-Men Mutant Apocalypse (SNES)
7. Silhouette Mirage (PS1)
8. Dark Cloud (PS2)
9. Rogue Galaxy (PS2)
10. Jade Empire: Limited Edition (XBOX)
11. Borderlands 2: Game Of The Year Edition (PS3)
12. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
13. Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
14. DuckTales Remastered (WiiU)
15. Octopath Traveler (NS)
16. Mario Superstar Baseball (GCN)
17. The Guardian Legend (NES)
18. Harvest Moon 64 (N64)
19. Parasite Eve II (PS1)
20. Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii)
21. Ori And The Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (NS)
22. Evolution 2: Far Off Promise (SDC)
23. Skies Of Arcadia Legends (GCN)
24. Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 (SDC)

25. Lufia: The Legend Returns (GBC)
26. Super Mario Land (GBC)
27. Tecmo Super Bowl (SNES)
28. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of Souls (GBA)
29. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)

I added Lufia: The Legend Returns for GameBoy Color, Super Mario Land for GameBoy, Tecmo Super Bowl for Super Nintendo, Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of Souls for GameBoy Advance and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for GameBoy Advance this evening!

Last weekend, I was extremely temped to pick up some games when I walked around some game stores. I found a copy of Lufia, Super Mario Land and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance all waiting for me. However, I walked away not ready to purchase some more games. This morning, they posted a message on their Facebook of adding Tecmo Super Bowl, Final Fantasy I & II and Pokemon Blue. Unfortunately, Pokemon Blue had already been sold, but I found all of rest.

These are all games that I know I will love and will spend hundreds of hours in along with games I have been looking for quite a while, so I decided to hit them up on my lunch break. So happy to add these classics to my collection!
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »