RacketBoy Charity Auction 2022

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Welcome to the 2022 RacketBoy charity auction!
This year our donation recipient is The Video Game History Foundation. They archive and restore video game material in all of its forms, as well as educate people.

Fine print & details of the rules - Please read!

Countdown Timer

Every cent of the money bid on the items here will be transferred as a lump-sum once the funds have been collected. Bidding will start at the price listed; Either a donor-agreed reserve price or the estimated shipping, rounded up to the nearest dollar. Each bid must be at least $1 more. Bids are made by posting in this thread. Please state the number of the item you wish to place a bid on, as well as the dollar amount you are bidding. For example, "#10 - $7" or "I bid $7 on item 10.". Funds are all US dollars. Please consider donating some unused game, media, electronic device or art; I will be accepting items here up until Sunday November 13th. The auction will run up until noon (11:59:59 AM Central Time) on Tuesday, November 15 2022. As in previous years, donors will be responsible for shipping costs, unless arrangements are made ahead of time. I've found that small items are easier to manage with shipping costs; Keep that in mind when donating. It would be appreciated if winners could transfer funds before December. Payment must be received before I will instruct donors to ship their items. Payments are accepted via PayPal @ rbcharity2022@gmail.com, although I can accept other payment methods if necessary. For PayPal payment, please make payment as "gift" to eliminate fees. As we have done in previous years, this auction will feature a rolling end for items actively being bid on. That is, if up to 10 minutes before the auction cut-off time someone up-bids an item, that item will remain active and available for bidding for 10 minutes after the bid was posted. This can be repeated so long as that item is up-bid again within 10 minutes of the last bid.
-insert picture of rolling end explanation here-

Thanks again this year to Ziggy587 for the logo art!
Last edited by Anapan on Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Updated to This Post.

Consoles & Systems:

01: GBA GEM SP $35 - Note
Image:
Link. 3D printed case, PCB & screen mod for GBA SP (This was Ziggy587's Red AGS-001 I won in the 2017 charity auction). Rare because it was pre-order only. Comes with Yoshi: Topsy-Turvy.

02: Thumby Multiplayer set $1 -
Image:
Link. Smallest handheld console. Comes with two keychain-consoles and the multiplayer cable. About 60 games can be loaded from the online arcade.

Games:

03: Nintendo Switch 7 games lot $120 - prfsnl_gmr
Image:
Cave Story+, Collection of Mana, Katamari Damacy Reroll, Kaze and the Wild Masks, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition, Stern Pinball Arcade.
All are in like-new, complete condition. Rayman DE is sealed.

04: PS4 10 games lot $25 - opa
Image:
Anthem, Bloodborne, Dark Souls Remastered, Destiny, Destiny 2, Dragon Quest Builders, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete, The Last of Us Remastered, Trackmania Turbo, Yonder.
Discs are in perfect condition; Anthem's box is damaged and most are missing booklets.

05: Wii-U 6 games lot $20 - marurun
Image:
Hyrule Warriors, Rayman Legends, Sonic All-stars Racing Transformed, Starfox Zero + Starfox Guard, Zelda: BotW
Starfox games are still sealed, all except Sonic racing are complete & in excellent condition. Sonic racing's box is damaged (looks like dog chewed) and the insert is missing, but the disc is flawless.

16: Half-Minute Hero for Sony PSP $12 - Jmustang1968
Image:
Complete with original case, artwork, game and manual. Some nicks to outer edges of manual. Little wear to UMD. Some shelfwear to case. Overall, a good condition copy worthy of a spot in your collection! If you need more pics or a better description feel free to pm me!

18: Mario Golf Super Rush (Switch) $5 - opa
Image:
This is a cart-only copy of the game, no case is included. I actually found this cart outside on the ground. I cleaned the pins, and tested it in my Switch. It works great! I played a 3 hole round of golf against the computer and had no issues at all. Please note that the label is a little rough around the edges, but is overall in good shape (the camera always makes things looks much worse than it really is).

20: Fable: The Journey (X360) & Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Switch) $2 - sevin0seven
Image:

Accessories:

06: mCable Gaming Edition $15 - marurun
Image:
Link. Upscales lower resolution HDMI signal to 1080p with enhancements and without adding lag. Removes jaggies\aliasing without overly blurry image.
See Bob's review.

07: PhotoFast 4K Gamer Pro $5 - sevin0seven
Image:
Link. Upscales 1080p video to 2160p adding sharpness and definition without causing lag. 3 adjustable intensities or bypass.
See Bob's review.

08: Brawler64 Gamepad $22 - opa
Image:
Link. Brand new Nintendo 64 Controller - New in box.

09: 8BitDo USB Wireless Adapter $15 - prfsnl_gmr
Image:
Link. Untested - new in box.

19: Belkin 2-port VGA & PS/2 KVM Switch with cables $10 - Ziggy587
Image:
Link. Ps/2; Allows Control Of 2 Computers; Hot-Key Switching, Automatic Scanning and Led Indicators; Supports Video Resolutions Up To 2048 X 1536 At 65 Hz; Compatible With Multiple Operating Systems and Offers Keyboard and Mouse Emulation; Does Not Require Additional Cables Or Power Supply.

21: Lot of 10 Nintendo Switch cases $5 - opa
Image:

22: Pokémon Pikachu 2 GS (Jpn) $1 - opa
Image:
Link. Japanese language. Tamagotchi-type pedometer with IR interaction to Gen2 Pokémon on a GBC - Gold, Silver & Crystal. I just noticed a bit of LCD display rot creeping up the bottom left.

23: Lot PC RAM & GPUs $5 - opa
Image:
Corsair Gaming Memory 2GB DDR2 Memory (CGM2X2G800)
OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Memory
Nvidia Quadro FX 570 (x2)

Swag & Other Fun Things:

10: Kirby Manga Mania Issues 1-5 $20 - marurun
Image:
Link. Full set: Issues 1-5 in English. New, unread.

11: PikaTune RC Pikachu $15 - marurun
Image:
Link. Used for less than a minute, then returned to box. RC range is short. Cat doesn't like it.

12: Sad Cat Memes pillow $10 - Anapan
Image:
Link. 18"x18" Brand new, includes pillow insert. All the best memes on one pillow.

13: DOOM Framed 8x10 Print $40 - Jmustang1968
Image:
This is a professional matte 8x10 print in a frame that I think complements it well. You want matte finish for framed prints because gloss would add too much glare.

14: Castlevania Framed 8x10 Print $12 - SpaceBooger
Image:
This is a professional matte 8x10 print in a nice black frame. You want a matte finish for framed prints because gloss would add too much glare.

15: Another World - Framed 8x10 Print $10 - opa
Image:
This is a professional matte 8x10 print in a silver-ish frame that I think complements it well. You want matte finish for framed prints because gloss would add too much glare.

17: Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 8x10 Canvas Print $25 - Anapan
Image:
This is an 8x10 canvas print with black edges. It can be hung on the wall as-is, or put into a standard 8x10 canvas frame. The print quality is lovely, the colors look great! I tried take pics that capture the texture of the canvas, but that's always hard to do. Click an image to see the full resolution.
Last edited by Anapan on Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Ziggy

Re: RacketBoy Charity Auction 2022

Post by Ziggy »

I'm waiting for a few things to come in, so expect to see some more items soon!
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

12. - $1
I have some projects that I intend to try and complete before the cutoff as well.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I’m in. Definitely to bid, but I’ll see if I have anything to donate too.
marurun

Post by marurun »

This time of year is real hard for digging through stuff to find donatables, but I’ll try and make some time to check
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I'm also in to bid, as some great stuff has been posted already. But I'm also hoping to find or pick up something to donate!
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

01. - $20
12. - $2 :razz:
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

I'll check if I can donate some unused (just sitting) items as well.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

01: $5

I don't know, I think it would be funny to get my own GBA back. :lol:

Some of my items came in today, so expect to see a couple of items once I get a minute to take pictures of them. More items still in shipment!