Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
bmoc
Next-Gen

2022 Summer Game Annoucement Hype Thread

by bmoc Fri May 06, 2022 10:01 am

E3 is dead! Long live Summer Game Fest?

Ok maybe not dead but definitely circling the drain. I though last year's online-only presentation was pretty great since I could never afford to travel/attend E3. I'm not sure why they couldn't get their stuff together for another online-event but I digress.

We normally have an annual E3 discussion thread so I'll aggregate all the summer game announcement events here.

June 2nd 6PM EST
Sony State of Play
YouTube | Twitch

June 6th 4PM EST
Limited Run Games LRG3 Showcase
Twitch

June 9th 2PM EST
Summer Game Fest
YouTube | Twitch

June 9th 6PM EST
Devolver Digital Marketing Countdown to Marketing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQOTQrsctgY [nsfw trailer]
Twitch

June 10th 3PM EST
Tribeca Games Spotlight
YouTube

June 11th 12:30PM EST
Wholesome Direct
YouTube

June 11th 3PM EST
Future Games Show
YouTube | Twitch

June 12th 1PM EST
Microsoft/Bethesda Showcase
YouTube | Twitch

June 12th 3:30PM EST
PC Gaming Show
YouTube

June 13th 6PM EST
Capcom Showcase
YouTube | Twitch

June 16th 6PM EST
Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary Broadcast
YouTube | Twitch

June 22nd 10AM EST
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct
YouTube

June 28th 9AM EST
Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcase
YouTube

August 25th 2PM EST
Gamescom Opening Night Live
YouTube

If I am missing any event, please let me know and I'll update the list. Here's hoping we get a Nintendo Direct announcement soon. I also wouldn't mind another Limited Run Games showcase.

Without a doubt, what I want to see the most is BotW2. Maybe some next-gen console exclusives. Beyond that, my expectations are pretty low this year since I haven't been following the rumor mill closely. What do you want to see announced/showcased?
Last edited by bmoc on Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:26 am, edited 9 times in total.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: 2022 Summer Game Annoucement Hype Thread

by bmoc Fri May 27, 2022 12:04 pm

Added a bunch of streams to the list including the recently announced Sony State of Play.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Tue May 31, 2022 5:08 pm

Thanks for posting the links to the streams long with the dates and times. Really appreciate that!

I'm also looking forward to an update on Breath of the Wild 2. The other franchise I'd love to see an update on is Metroid!

I'm also a bit curious about Street Fighter 6. I'm not a huge fan of the direction the franchise has gone in, but I'm interested if they'll be an update on that as well.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:32 pm

Note wrote:Thanks for posting the links to the streams long with the dates and times. Really appreciate that!

I'm also looking forward to an update on Breath of the Wild 2. The other franchise I'd love to see an update on is Metroid!

I'm also a bit curious about Street Fighter 6. I'm not a huge fan of the direction the franchise has gone in, but I'm interested if they'll be an update on that as well.

Glad you are finding it useful. I was very surprised that Metroid Dread was announced and released in such a short amount of time last year. Maybe this will be the year we finally see a Metroid Prime 4 trailer? I'd be pretty happy with anything Metroid. Other M was not that bad...

Capcom is supposed to be at Summer Game Fest. Could be some SF6 news there.

Limited Run Games just announced their showcase so it has been added to the list.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:17 pm

Good to know about Capcom at Summer Game Fest. Thanks for that info.

Also, thanks for adding the date and time for the Limited Run Games showcase. I really enjoyed their presentation last year, it was probably my favorite outta the bunch. It'll be cool to see what games they're bringing to modern consoles.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:08 am

Capcom came out swinging in the State of Play. Resident Evil 4 Remake and it is getting VR2 content! I'm really curious what that means exactly. Then there was the Street Fighter 6 trailer. Graphically, it looks really good. It looks like there is a mode where you are running around the environment doing stuff. Story mode maybe?

Once again, I am cautiously optimistic for a mainline Final Fantasy game. XVI looks like it could be good. FF7R gave me hope that they can still make a good Final Fantasy game.
Green_Warrior

by Green_Warrior Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:49 pm

I do not envy the Capcom game designers who have to remake RE4. Tbh, it holds up amazingly and doesn't need a remake at all. The grittier tone was probably the best choice for helping it stand out compared to the original, but I fully expect it to have cut content like RE3 did... not so sure I can picture a lava pit with giant fire-breathing stone statues in this version of RE4, after all. :P Maybe they'll replace wackier parts of the original with some of the unused beta concepts that were shown long ago? It's just going to be a tall task matching up with the original game's pacing. I feel that they should have gone with a Code Veronica remake instead, but I'm sure that wouldn't bring in as much money. lol
Syndicate
32-bit

by Syndicate Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:48 am

...Devolver Digital apparently has an event scheduled June 9th at 6pm EST, the ‘Devolver Digital Marketing Countdown to Marketing’. I didn't see a link to the stream though.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:41 pm

Green_Warrior wrote:I feel that they should have gone with a Code Veronica remake instead, but I'm sure that wouldn't bring in as much money. lol

I would love to see that as well! It definitely could use a remake.

Devolver Digital has been added to the list though it seems that they may be just part of the Summer Game Fest stream - I'm not entirely sure. I wasn't particularly hyped for any of their games last year but their presentations are always entertaining.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:05 am

Capcom Showcase added to the list for June 13th.

Yesterday's LRG3 presentation wasn't bad. I'm casually interested in a few of their announced titles. I was not expecting them to rerelease D for 3DO. If you missed the stream, you can check their twitter feed for the list of announced titles. https://twitter.com/limitedrungames
Return to General Gaming