Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Evan Amos - Retro Photog Extraordinaire

by marurun Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:43 am

Yesterday an episode dropped on the Retronauts free feed which featured, among other folks, Evan Amos, who is responsible for most of the retro console photos on Wikipedia. Turns out he also has a book featuring his photography. His console photos are very good at showing off the contours and details and in many cases now include some disassembly component photos. If anyone is interested, here's his Wikimedia Commons page with links to all his work. There are some retro PC omissions, but it's a pretty good list overall.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Evan-Amos
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Evan Amos - Retro Photog Extraordinaire

by Nemoide Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:22 pm

I got the new version of his book for my library, it's a very nice volume that's fun to flip through. He's really done a great service to the retro community with his photos!
marurun

by marurun Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:27 pm

Nemoide wrote:I got the new version of his book for my library, it's a very nice volume that's fun to flip through. He's really done a great service to the retro community with his photos!

I am interested in that book. It would be a lovely coffee table piece next to my Art of Atari book.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:37 pm

marurun wrote:
Nemoide wrote:I got the new version of his book for my library, it's a very nice volume that's fun to flip through. He's really done a great service to the retro community with his photos!

I am interested in that book. It would be a lovely coffee table piece next to my Art of Atari book.

I have both of these! Both are nicely done...
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:16 am

I became aware of his work not too long ago. Someone featured it in a video, I wanna say it was My Life In Gaming or a similar channel. I wasn't aware he has a book though, I'll have to look into that.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Return to General Gaming