Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: What do you think of the Activision acquisition ?

by RCBH928 Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:38 pm

I agree with you both, and I just do not understanding why people buy stocks above today's value(or future value). What you want to do is buy stock at today's value ($100) so you can sell it in the future 10 years from now at $250. What they are doing is buying it today at its expected value in 10 years ($250) and then they expect it to starting rising now!? Which puts ridiculous pressure on the management. Logically, if you paid $250 NOW in 10 years it would be still $250 because it has finally hit its real value.

But going to this specific deal, Microsoft did indeed buy Activision for $70B meanwhile they could have bought the whole of Nintendo for $56B. Giving its strong history, Nintendo seems like a much lucrative-and stable- investment (unless the Switch will be their swan song and turn into a Sega).

@MrPoPo

your signatures says your work for Blizzard. Are you allowed to talk about the deal? Whats your views on this?
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:20 pm

I'd rather not comment at this time.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:57 pm

I am looking at the Blizzard Activision library they do not seem to have much IP. For the most part the big games are:-

Diablo
Starcraft
Overwatch
TonyHawk
Crash
Spyro

My understanding these games are released far and few in between and I don't think they have re-occuring payments? Isn't Diablo and Starcraft free to play online?

The big 2 are WoW subscribers and COD yearly buyers but both are old IPs and I am think they won't get any bigger or better in the future, I am thinking they will actually be losing interesting. They have been on for like 15 years?

Take Two and EA seems to have much more going on for them and have much cheaper market cap . They have more variety and monopoly on the sport titles and franchises.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:06 pm

You left off Call of Duty my dude.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:29 pm

MrPopo wrote:You left off Call of Duty my dude.

"The big 2 are WoW subscribers and COD... "
ujnhunter
64-bit

by ujnhunter Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:52 pm

I don't think about it at all... just like I didn't think about the Bethesda acquisition... I don't really care about any of the games these 3 companies make at all. Sure, Halo 2 on the original Xbox was cool... Diablo 2 on PC was cool... DOOM was cool in the 90s... maybe this just means that I'm old, but I don't care. The Xbox 360 was cool... don't really care about the Xbox One after the removal of Kinect it was just a lower powered PS4 at that point... with Gears of War? No thanks. Say what you will of Kinect, at least it made Xbox "different" and worth having. Likewise with Xbox One X (is that the name of the new Xbox? I can't remember... seems like they were even dumber at naming consoles than Nintendo was with Wii / Wii U) which is what exactly? The same system as an Xbox One with more power and faster load times? Sony PS5 has 3D Audio and Dual Sense controls along with the more power and faster load times... I guess it makes it better for Xbox owners knowing that their possible favorite games won't have a better version on a different console... but to me it doesn't matter. It's a platform I don't care about acquiring games that I don't care about. ;) Carry on.
Return to General Gaming