Game recommendations

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
stickem
Next-Gen

Game recommendations

Post by stickem »

Could I get some game recommendations for a 17 year old daughter please? Steam or ps4. She likes games like Life is strange series, I'm clueless on whatever that is lol. I always struggle to buy her games. 1, she thinks they cost alot and never asks, 2 we have totally different tastes. TIA.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Game recommendations

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I've played neither, but Tell Me Why seems like an obvious choice for it. I think it was free on steam during pride month before.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Thanks, my daughter actually mentioned downloading that so this refreshed her memory
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Dragon Quest XI is my #1 current-gen recommendation for anybody.

While I'm not super familiar with Life is Strange, I can imagine that Zero Escape: The Nonary Games games might be to her liking. They're really good, smart sci-fi adventure games.
I don't know, I only know what games I like!
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Until Dawn is kind of in the same vein as Life is Strange, but way better IMO. It's sort of a teen horror game though, don't know if she's into that.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

My Niece (16yo) likes Life is Strange and Until Dawn, but her favorite series is actually Just Cause for whatever reason. JC3 is 85% off on steam now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Raging Justice wrote:Until Dawn is kind of in the same vein as Life is Strange, but way better IMO. It's sort of a teen horror game though, don't know if she's into that.

If she likes this type of game, all three of the Dark Pictures Anthology games are solid choices. They're not terribly expensive, and they're made by the same folks as Until Dawn. Very narrative-driven, your choices affect the story, and great suspenseful storytelling.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

I don't know much about life is strange but I do think it is heavily story focused, maybe some of the telltale games might be a fit for her? The only one i played is walking dead and it was fantastic but I hear most of their games are pretty high quality if you are into the source material
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

You also may want to look into games like LA Noir, Heavy Rain and the like. Those are very story driven, but also have quite a bit interactivity.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I kind of like the newest Guardians of the Galaxy game. It has all of the tropes of a Telltales style, story driven game...but also has an abundance of actual gameplay. Fighting, platforming, rail shooting, etc.