Common Outdoor Laser Level Errors You Must Avoid

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
DustinPope

Post by DustinPope »

When it comes to usingImage top laser levels for outdoor use, some errors can have negligible impact, and others are too significant to ignore. For this reason, you need to take every potential error seriously, even when they make an insignificant impact on your readings.

These errors can come during the use of your laser level or before you even start leveling. Some errors are inherent in some laser levels that occur due to a system malfunction, primarily through the weather and internal mechanisms.

Not Calibrating Your Outdoor Laser Level Before Use

Not calibrating your laser level before using it for the subsequent measurement is one of the avoidable errors you can make. Most users assume that laser levels will require the exact calibration for all measurements, but this is not so. Sometimes, a simple change from one unit of measurements like meters to feet or inches may be all you need to get an accurate result. Improper calibration will either reduce or add to your final measurements.

Not Preparing Enough for Unpredictable Conditions

Some green laser levels can help you get by excess sunshine that makes visibility poor. However, if you don’t have a laser beam that is strong enough to reach the target surface, you will read measurements in error. Aside from unfavorable lighting conditions, you have to prepare your device for the sudden increase in humidity, moisture, and wind. Even if your laser level has debris and water-resistant features, you still have to be well-prepared for unfavorable measuring conditions outdoors.

Skipping Maintenance Procedures

It may be okay to skip outdoor laser level Imagemaintenance occasionally. But you must know that frequently ignored, or omission of maintenance procedures can eventually lead to system breakdown and error in readings. Pay attention to minor maintenance procedures like cleaning the laser lens and ensuring the battery discharges entirely before recharging; they can help preserve your laser level’s lifespan and improve accuracy.

It is even more important to check out the product’s manual and see the recommended maintenance steps. Alternatively, you can check the manufacturer’s website, and, in this case, you may have to provide the product’s serial number.

Improper Storage

Many exterior laser level users don’t bother to check the storage temperatures of the enclosure where they store their laser levels. This can lead to improper storage of the device, damaging some temperature-sensitive components, most of which are located inside the device.

Storing your device in extremely cold conditions may cause water to condensate, and some may enter the laser level when it’s not properly packaged and stored. Similarly, heat-sensitive laser level components may also react to extreme heat conditions.

Conclusion

You should avoid several other laser level errors by all means if you want it to last long and provide reliable, accurate results in the long term. Moreover, avoiding proper accessories like tripod stand, grading rod, and laser detectors can also cause faulty readings.

You cannot tell when you will need measuring accessories to compliment your laser level; hence you must invest in them. Besides, you should read the Laser Level hub website’s best outdoor laser level Imagereviews and guide to learn more.
Last edited by DustinPope on Thu May 19, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marurun

Re: What game?

Post by marurun »

DustinPope wrote:This game combined art and gaming before the conversation even started.

That is a bold statement I don't entirely agree with. Perhaps you'd like to qualify that a bit?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

The Atari 2600 port of Pac-Man because I'm almost 40 and have regularly been described as "poor quality," "just awful," and "differing slightly from the original."
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

DustinPope wrote:a professional gamer

You may be a professional gamer, but I am the prfsnl-gmr. The definite article, you might say.

The game that defines me as the prfsnl_gmr is Super Mario Bros.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Limewater wrote:The Atari 2600 port of Pac-Man because I'm almost 40 and have regularly been described as "poor quality," "just awful," and "differing slightly from the original."

Were you created on a rushed schedule to be available for the holiday season?
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Golgo 14 wrote:
Limewater wrote:The Atari 2600 port of Pac-Man because I'm almost 40 and have regularly been described as "poor quality," "just awful," and "differing slightly from the original."

Were you created on a rushed schedule to be available for the holiday season?

His creator didn't pay too much attention to the model: https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-260 ... tml#pacman
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Just an offhand joke, but I was mixing up Pac-Man with E.T. which was written in six weeks so that naughty children could receive it on Christmas Day 1982.

Pac-Man apparently took Tod Frye six months to create, which is incredibly depressing.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Golgo 14 wrote:Just an offhand joke, but I was mixing up Pac-Man with E.T. which was written in six weeks so that naughty children could receive it on Christmas Day 1982.

Pac-Man apparently took Tod Frye six months to create, which is incredibly depressing.

I knew Pac-Man had a listed release date of early 1982, and was going to make a comment. However, I checked my copy of Racing the Beam, which I would expect to be pretty careful about such things, and they also repeat claims of five weeks of development.

Even at six months, honestly, I don't think Tod Frye could have done much better given what he had to work with. He probably could have done better if they had given him a larger rom to work with or at least dropped two-player mode.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
marurun

Post by marurun »

Limewater wrote:Even at six months, honestly, I don't think Tod Frye could have done much better given what he had to work with. He probably could have done better if they had given him a larger rom to work with or at least dropped two-player mode.

It's hard to know how much leeway he actually had on some of those decisions. Did Atari decide 2 player was necessary or was that Frye's decision? I know the no black background was a company policy issue. The changed maps were at least in part a function of limited storage. I have no idea if the lack of flicker reduction or weird audio choices were a lack of development time, lack of storage, or merely stylistic choices. Regardless, it's not a good Pac-Man port, but it's not a horrible maze game on its own merits. It's not a great one, but it's not horrible, either.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

marurun wrote:
Limewater wrote:Even at six months, honestly, I don't think Tod Frye could have done much better given what he had to work with. He probably could have done better if they had given him a larger rom to work with or at least dropped two-player mode.

It's hard to know how much leeway he actually had on some of those decisions. Did Atari decide 2 player was necessary or was that Frye's decision? I know the no black background was a company policy issue. The changed maps were at least in part a function of limited storage. I have no idea if the lack of flicker reduction or weird audio choices were a lack of development time, lack of storage, or merely stylistic choices. Regardless, it's not a good Pac-Man port, but it's not a horrible maze game on its own merits. It's not a great one, but it's not horrible, either.

In the video embedded in the website I linked, he says he gave up on the flicker manager. I think he just couldn't pull it off.

Changing the exit layouts was also his idea, but the blue background was from Atari policy.

There are worse 2600 games by far, but for someone expecting Pac-Man, it's a major disappointment.