Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Blu
Next-Gen

Re: Racketboy CHARITY AUCTION 2021

by Blu Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:43 am

Anapan wrote:Hey, just wanted to say thanks to all participants. Blu did nearly everything by himself. I offered to do all the behind-the-scenes stuff, but was unable to even participate due to a demanding out-of-town job that is still ongoing. His efforts should be commended, and I hope the success of this auction will lead the way for another. I had another 10 or so items I wanted to donate but could not physically complete in time for the auction. will have a bunch of them completed for the next community effort if one occurs.
To those that won android-based items that I donated: I left them fully customized and capable, but If you want to customize your device in the best way possible, send me PM and I'd love to set them up better.
That Game Boy Color is an easy fix. A grounding issue with the video board that the Kapton tape didn't prevent well enough. I hope someone gives it some love.

Thank you Anapan for the kind words. It really wasn't a ton of work, especially with the groundwork already being laid. I borrowed a lot of your past formatting, and it was actually a lot of fun to administer. It really means a lot to me that we've accomplished what we did, for a cause that is deeply personal and part of my life now. I couldn't have asked for a better community. A huge thank you to all who participated in any way!

So, I say we keep the tradition alive!

Also, several items have shipped and I have PM'd tracking numbers accordingly. Here's a glimpse of the action!

Here's all of the items heading out to new homes. My big helper is included in this photo for scale.

We have a few more outstanding payments, but I believe we have all the outstanding logistics covered to get things sent out.

I do have the Game Boy Color as well, so reach out to Anapan and I via PM if you're wanting to fix it and we can make something happen.

Thanks all! You are amazing!
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:56 pm

My package with the Capcom Fighter Stick arrived today! Looking forward to trying it out!
Even though I don't get involved with the planning of charity auctions, I'm glad I can at least help by bidding on stuff
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:35 am

The cartridge slot modded Atari Flashback showed up today. Tested it and it was awesome. It looks so much better on my CRT than my original 2600. I can't wait to dive back into the world of the 2600!
Thanks!
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:17 pm

HI EVERYONE!

Thank you so much for your participation, generosity, and all around awesomeness once again. It really means a lot to me.

I have the last two packages ready to go out this afternoon, with a final one I am going to hand deliver in person.

Once I have those out, all that's left to do is to make the donation. I believe Anapan has a final total for us, sometime in the next day or so!

Cheers!

I'm heading to San Antonio on Friday! It's amazing how quick this time has flown by.

Sincerely,
Blu (Andrew, but even my wife calls me Blu, lulz)
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:10 pm

Thanks for the update, Blu! The charity auction this year was awesome, there were some great items available. I'm looking forward to the charity auction next year, and hope I can get a few things throughout the year to donate.

Good luck in San Antonio this weekend! Let us know how everything goes.
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:02 am

Hey! I'm back!

The ride went really well. The route went along some pretty countryside scenery, and had an out-and-back loop along the Guadalupe River for the final 40 miles. Really pretty, quite hilly!

I had a goal of finishing the 100 miles in about 6 hours. I was right at that mark, about 6:07 and 16.5 miles an hour. Don't worry, I took breaks and ate, drank, and was merry.

Just wanted to say thank you again for helping me meet my goal and raise funds for the National MS Society and Meat Fight!

Here's some pics of the action for you all:

racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:44 am

AWESOME work, Blu!
Thanks for sharing the update!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:45 pm

Great pics! Glad I got to meet up with ya and hope to see you at retropalooza!
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:36 pm

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:23 am

Thanks for sharing photos of your experience at the race, Blu!

And Anapan, I appreciate the update on the donation!

Great stuff.
Return to General Gaming