Remember when games didn't need patches and updates?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Remember when games didn't need patches and updates?

Post by marurun »

Don't forget that Sonic Adventure also had to be reissued on Dreamcast. There were a couple PC Engine CD games that also had to be reissued due to bugs, but I don't remember which they are.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

marurun wrote:Don't forget that Sonic Adventure also had to be reissued on Dreamcast. There were a couple PC Engine CD games that also had to be reissued due to bugs, but I don't remember which they are.

That's interesting. I wonder which version I own. I think I bought the Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure right after the system became available. I played through it without any issues.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Also, if you follow speedrunning you'll find that many cart/disc games would have multiple versions, with the follow up patching out bugs that speedrunners would exploit. This wouldn't be in response to said speedrunners (they didn't have that kind of visibility back then) but rather whatever bugs users were encountering at the time.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Shinobi Spiderman or Batman is one of the more well-known re-issues.
Same with Ocarina of Time on N64. They changed the fire temple music and changed Gannondorfs blood to green. I happen to have the red blood and muslim chant cart. I didn't even know I had a different cart until Gametrailers Pop Fiction.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Segata wrote:Shinobi Spiderman or Batman is one of the more well-known re-issues.
Same with Ocarina of Time on N64. They changed the fire temple music and changed Gannondorfs blood to green. I happen to have the red blood and muslim chant cart. I didn't even know I had a different cart until Gametrailers Pop Fiction.

I really want that Shinobi cart with Batman and Spider-Man, but I don't know to identify one. It's one of the reasons I never bought Shinobi or picked it up anywhere. I wanna known which one I'm getting. I do have Shinobi III CIB though, love that game so much. Great series

Interesting info on Ocarina, now I want to check and see which one I have, but I don't think my N64 even works anymore.
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

Raging Justice wrote:I really want that Shinobi cart with Batman and Spider-Man, but I don't know to identify one.

...perhaps this will help, Learning your Revenge of Shinobi Version *Without* playing it (Guide)