E3 2021 Hype Thread

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: E3 2021 Hype Thread

Post by bmoc »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Not Prime??? This gonna be 2D??

Yes!

They did mention that Prime is still in development. Metroid 5 (Metroid Dread) is being developed by the same team that did Metroid 2 for 3DS.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I'm still shocked (happily) that they revived that old trademark filing from ages ago.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

..am I the only one excited about Cruis’n Blast? an arcade port from 2017. Love me some Crus'n since the N64 days.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

That one looked awesome, as well as the new Worms game and the Fatal Frame port (apparently it's coming out for pretty much every console).

There was some pretty big news in the Live Treehouse portion that should have probably been in the main presentation. Gameplay of No More Heroes 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-iLPK5vl4M
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

sevin0seven wrote:..am I the only one excited about Cruis’n Blast? an arcade port from 2017. Love me some Crus'n since the N64 days.

I didn't know this game existed. I'm certainly going to keep an eye on that one.

I know Bandai Namco had games sprinkled throughout E3, but their presentation made Capcom look good. Only one game? Seriously?

I think it is safe to say that Nintendo "won" E3 this year. Limited Run Games had a really strong showing and came in a close 2nd for me. Xbox/Bethesda a distant 3rd. Ubisoft and Square-Enix had a game or two that I'm interested in but I wasn't blown away by anything they showed.

I'll be getting Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei V, and Castlevania Requiem for sure this year (assuming Requiem releases this year). I'm on the fence about double dipping on Rondo of Blood for TGCD.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

I'll gladly take Metroid Dread and Cruis'n Blast.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

What was Metroid 4?
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Fusion. It was set after Super, which was 3.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

bmoc wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:..am I the only one excited about Cruis’n Blast? an arcade port from 2017. Love me some Crus'n since the N64 days.

I didn't know this game existed. I'm certainly going to keep an eye on that one.

I know Bandai Namco had games sprinkled throughout E3, but their presentation made Capcom look good. Only one game? Seriously?

I think it is safe to say that Nintendo "won" E3 this year. Limited Run Games had a really strong showing and came in a close 2nd for me. Xbox/Bethesda a distant 3rd. Ubisoft and Square-Enix had a game or two that I'm interested in but I wasn't blown away by anything they showed.

I'll be getting Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei V, and Castlevania Requiem for sure this year (assuming Requiem releases this year). I'm on the fence about double dipping on Rondo of Blood for TGCD.

I love seeing physical fight on in the all digital future, so LRG won E3 for me. Plus, a lot of what they showed is retro and indie games, which I love. LRG gets hate from some for reasons that I understand, but I still will support any company that keeps pushing for physical releases. Some of these games have been available digitally for a while now, so I assume a physical release will be "complete" and not require any downloads for patches, updates, etc.

I pre ordered the Huntdown Collector's Edition. I would have preferred a standard edition, but they're not offering one. I can't wait to get Castlevania Requiem and Rondo for TGCD (hopefully it won't be too expensive). I love collecting Castlevania games.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

The rest of my year is looking like Mario Golf, Monkeyball, WarioWare, and Advance Wars. Cruis'n Blast is a wait and see how the port is in multiplayer.

I need more Switch Online games.